- Easy to obtain beautiful, glossy results whether you’re a professional or it’s your first time using epoxy
- Unique 2-part, high-viscosity epoxy resin coating cures at room temperature
- Cures without bubbling or blushing
- Cures to a 100% waterproof, clear, deep glass-like finish on bar tops, table tops, and counter tops
- Resists scratches, stains, and yellowing
- Simple 1 to 1 mix ratio makes it very easy to use
- BPA-Free, VOC-Free formula makes TotalBoat Table Top a smart alternative to other products with harsh industrial chemicals
- Available in a variety of kit sizes to match your project size – 2 Quart, Gallon, 2 Gallon, and 4 Gallon (NEW!)
Not sure how much table top epoxy resin you’ll need? Try our simple epoxy calculator to determine how much table top and bar top epoxy resin your project will require.
Simple Instructions for Using Table Top Epoxy Resin
What You’ll Need:
- TotalBoat Table Top Epoxy Resin and Hardener
- Protective gloves
- Eye protection
- Clothing protection
- Clean, dry, plastic mixing pots
- Wooden mixing sticks
- Plastic packing tape, if needed around edges, for holding in liquid epoxy
- Poly sheeting to protect floor and collect any spillage
- Plastic resin spreader and/or brush to spread liquid epoxy
- Hair dryer or heat gun for removing air bubbles
STEP 1 – PREPARE YOUR SURFACE
STEP 2 – MEASURE THE RESIN & HARDENER
STEP 3 – MIX WELL
STEP 4 – SEAL THE SURFACE
STEP 5 – APPLY FLOOD COATS
STEP 6 – POP BUBBLES & LET CURE
- 100% solids, high-build, high-gloss, pourable epoxy
- Apply to properly prepared wood, metal, stone, ceramic, and concrete surfaces
- Simple 1 to 1 mix ratio
- Self-levels as it cures
- Sizes: Available in a 2-Quart Kit (1 Quart TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1 Quart TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B), a 1 Gallon Kit (½-Gallon TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and ½-Gallon TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B), a 2 Gallon Kit (1 Gallon TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1 Gallon TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B), and a 4 Gallon Kit (2 Gallons TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and 2 Gallons TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B)
- Each order includes: 2 stir sticks, 2 QT size paint pails, and 1 plastic spreader
Get the crystal clear, high-gloss, durable coating seen on restaurant bar tops and table tops
TotalBoat Table Top & Bar Top Epoxy is a pourable, 2-part, clear coat epoxy system formulated for ease of use and superior results. It cures to a clear, deep, glassy and 100% waterproof finish that provides excellent scratch, stain and yellowing resistance. Upon full cure, TableTop provides unsurpassed finish clarity while preserving the surface underneath for a lifetime.
Table Top Epoxy is great for embedding objects into your table, bar top, or counter top
Table Top Epoxy makes it easy to cover a prepared level, horizontal surface containing just about any collection of personally priceless, glued-down objects (such as photographs, postcards, bottle caps, coins, charts, baseball cards, buttons) with multiple, thin layers of crystal clear protection. To make objects appear to float beneath the surface, embed them between coats. Just remember to seal delicate things (like photos) that the epoxy might damage, in an alternate clear coat before embedding them in the TableTop Epoxy.
Or, skip the glued-down objects altogether and just coat the flat surface as is. Wait 4-8 hours between coats to get the maximum self-leveling benefit and a crystal clear finish. Almost any horizontal, level surface is fair game. Chart tables, galley tables, cockpit tables, and coasters are just a few of the creative possibilities.
No BPA, No VOCs
It’s time to skip the noxious fumes and unknown safety of other resin systems. TableTop contains no volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. This means a safer, healthier work environment when you are stirring, pouring, and spreading. And, because the hardener component is BPA-free, Tabletop is more suitable for limited contact with food. Note: we don’t recommend using epoxy for a cutting board, though.
- Application temperature: Apply only in temperatures between 70-80°F. Warm conditions are critical for success.
- Edge taping: Before mixing the epoxy, contain the liquid epoxy by taping the edges of the top. Packing tape is best because it releases cleanly and easily after the epoxy cures.
- Mix ratio by volume: 1 part resin to 1 part hardener
- Seal coat application: Brush
- Flood coat application(s): Pour on and spread with an epoxy spreader. Flood coats should be no thicker than 1/8″ each.
- Application temperature: 70-80°F
- Working time: 20 minutes @ 70°F
- Gel time: 30 minutes @ 77°F
- Time between coats: 4-8 hours (without needing to sand between coats
- Cure time: 16-20 hours @ 70°F
- Product Color: TableTop Epoxy Resin (clear), Hardener (very light amber)
- Cured Color: Clear
- Coverage at 1/8″ thick (2-Quart Kit): 6.4 sq. ft.
- Coverage at 1/8″ thick (Gallon Kit): 12.8 sq. ft.
- Coverage at 1/8″ thick (2-Gallon Kit): 25.6 sq. ft.
- UV-resistant formula is not intended for outdoor applications with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Do not place items hotter than 125°F on the cured surface, or it will become distorted and discolor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Resin Table Top Epoxy hold up when left out in the sun?
Although resistant to yellowing, this product is not recommended for continuous outdoor exposure to UV light, and finishes may slowly lose their gloss or discolor over time if left outdoors. We recommend applying a varnish with strong UV resistance over TableTop epoxy for outdoor applications. Sand cured epoxy with 320 grit before varnishing.
How thick can you pour this resin?
We recommend doing multiple 1/8″ pours until you get to the desired thickness. Once a coat dries, you can recoat.
Does Table Top & Bar Top Epoxy Resin dry clear or does it have a color or tint?
Table Top epoxy cures blush-free to a clear, glassy, 100% waterproof finish with excellent scratch, stain, and yellowing resistance.
What should I use to apply it?
For the seal coat application, we recommend using a brush. For flood coat applications, pour on and spread with an epoxy spreader. Flood coats should be no thicker than 1/8″ each. Apply only in temperatures between 70-80°F. Warm conditions are critical for success!
What is the total working time and cure time?
The total working time will be about 20 minutes at 70°F. Gel time will be about 30 minutes at 77°F, and it will take about 16-20 hours for it to be fully cured at 70°F
How long should I wait between coats?
We recommend waiting 4-8 hours (without needing to sand between coats).
What is the shelf life?
At least one year, as long as it is stored properly. We recommend storing the epoxy at 60°- 90°F in a dry place. After use, tightly reseal all containers.
What causes sticky or tacky spots and how can I fix them?
Sticky or tacky spots are generally caused by inaccurate measuring, not mixing thoroughly, or by curing in cold temperatures. Try moving your piece to a warmer spot: if it doesn’t dry, remove epoxy and start over.
Can Table Top epoxy be tinted with pigments?
Yes, TableTop may be tinted with mica powder, alcohol ink, and opaque liquid pigments.
What is the coverage?
At 1/8” thickness: 6 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Quart Kit; 12 sq. ft. per mixed Gallon Kit; 24 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Gallon Kit. At 1/4″ thickness: 3 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Quart Kit; 6 sq. ft. per mixed Gallon Kit; 12 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Gallon Kit.
Can this clear epoxy be used on floors?
No, it is not meant to be used on floors.
Is this epoxy heat resistant for table tops, bar tops, and counters?
The heat deflection temperature of TableTop Epoxy is around 124°F. It is best practice to wait about one week at room temperature for an epoxy surface to fully cure. We highly recommend using coasters and placemats, or else hot pans, plates, or cups might leave an impression on the surface.
Can Table Top be used for epoxy coasters?
Yes, it can be used for a variety of projects, such as crafts like jewelry, and coasters.