If you harbor a passion for boating, there’s only one place to be: the Newport International Boat Show (NIBS) from Sept. 15-18, 2022. This year, we are excited to announce that TotalBoat is hosting a YouTube Influencer booth where a collection of your favorite boating and sailing YouTube stars will be present!
The Newport International Boat Show is one of the largest and most prestigious in-water boat shows in the country, spanning over thirteen acres of historic downtown Newport, Rhode Island. Walk the docks and view a spectacular display of shiny new sailboats and powerboats. On the land side, you’ll find hundreds of marine products, services and accessories to enhance the boating lifestyle. There will also be educational seminars, in-water boating courses and daily giveaways.
For the first time at NIBS, TotalBoat is hosting a collaboration of YouTube stars at our YouTube Influencer booth on North Commercial Wharf, right outside The Bohlin tent! Joining us this year will be:
- Acorn to Arabella: Steve Denette, a 5th-generation farmer on family land, started felling trees six years ago for Arabella, and her build is captured in over 230 YouTube videos. The 38’ Atkin ketch, built in Steve’s backyard, will launch in 2023.
- Sailing Parlay Revival: As seen on Bravo’s Below Deck, longtime sailor Colin MacRea worked as a Chief Engineer on super yachts for 13 years. Colin purchased a hurricane damaged 2012 Lagoon 450 Catamaran and his plan is to fix the boat up to sail back to New Zealand to make it to Auckland in time for America’s Cup.
- Sailing Zingaro: James enjoys sailing around the world and bringing new crew members on for a taste of the sailing lifestyle.
- Tips from a Shipwright: Tips from a Shipwright features Master Shipwright Louis Sauzedde and his never ending array of unique tips and tricks for traditional wooden boat building and woodworking.
- Boatworks Today: Andy Miller specializes in fiberglass, gelcoat, paint and woodworking. If you are a DIY boat owner, you probably know Andy and his keep-it-simple and straightforward way of explaining the how’s and why’s of things being done the way they are done.
- Capt. Q Yacht Hunter: Captain Q is your tour guide for finding amazing deals on some of the most beautiful classic sailboats. He knows what to avoid and what to look for in your next great deal on a used boat. Joining him at the show will be his sidekick Randy!
- David Shih Sailing: David and his family recently purchased their dream boat, a Lagoon 450 catamaran, only to discover the bulkheads were completely broken and in need of repair. Follow along as he shares his process of fixing his boat up again to sail around the world!
- Out Chasing Stars: Amy and David set out on Starry Horizons in October of 2014. After six years of sailing, they completed their world circumnavigation in March of 2022.
- Building MV Dauntless: With zero build experience, Cassie and Carl are tackling building a 25’ power catamaran by Spirited Designs to achieve their dream of cruising around Rhode Island.
You can also check them all out HERE! Join us in the YouTube booth to meet up with your favorite YouTube personalities, shake their hands and spend a moment with them as they bask in the fun of meeting Patreons and boating fans from all over New England and beyond!
Check out more information about the show on their site linked below, and be sure to check out any of the YouTube channels mentioned above for upcoming boat show ticket deals. This exciting inaugural booth is being brought to you by TotalBoat, Edson Marine, Precision Sails, Navico, Bacon Sails and the Bank Newport NIBS. Can’t wait to see you there!