- Affordable single season boat bottom paint offers fouling protection for boats in fresh or salt water
- Each order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, an abrasive pad, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
- Durable finish withstands beaching and trailering better than traditional ablative bottom paints
- Ablative single season bottom paint paint continuously exposes a fresh layer of biocide as paint wears away gradually
- For use on wood, fiberglass, steel, iron and most previously painted boat bottoms in good condition
- Colors: Black, Blue, and Red
- Size: Gallon
Economical and effective antifouling protection
Underdog Boat Bottom Paint releases its 24% copper content at a controlled rate to keep heavy soft growth, slime, algae, and grasses at bay for a full season. It’s an unheard-of value in the world of bottom paints.
Easy to apply – even over existing paint
A sanded, cleaned surface in good condition is all Underdog needs; it doesn’t matter if it’s going over last year’s paint. Just stir, pour, and apply by brushing, rolling, or spraying. Underdog has great coverage characteristics, and adheres extremely well to fiberglass and wood.
Resists abrasion from trailering, beaching, and light scrubbing
Underdog single season boat bottom paint has the ability to thwart barnacles and slime works best on boats that see frequent use, and its durable, ablative finish stands up well to trailering.
- Cuprous oxide: 24%
- Application: Brush, Roll (3/16″ nap or foam solvent-safe roller cover is recommended), or Spray (airless or conventional)
- Thinning: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 (brush/roll application), or TotalBoat Spray Thinner 101 (spray application)
- Surface prep solvent: TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep or TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Spray Thinner 101
- Cleanup solvent: TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep or TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Spray Thinner 101
- Primer (for bare fiberglass and bare steel): TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat and Primer
- Number of coats: 2
- Dry time to overcoat: 1.5 hours @ 90°F, 3 hours @ 70°F, 6 hours @ 50°F
- Dry time to launch: 6 hours @ 90°F, 10 hours @ 70°F, 16 hours @ 50°F
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Do not use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat AlumiPaint AF and TotalBoat Outdrive AF.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov