- Using Tropical Hardener with 5:1 Epoxy Resin in extremely warm or humid conditions results in a resin/hardener mixture that remains workable longer
- Using Tropical Extra Slow hardener provides approximately twice the working time of TotalBoat Slow Hardener
- Cures to a moisture-resistant, high-strength, light amber finish when mixed with TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin
- Viscosity is preferred for ease in wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound, or adhesive when combined with 5:1 Epoxy Resin and various thickening agents
- Excellent thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating
- Provides good moisture resistance for barrier coating and bonding applications
- Easy to measure and mix by weight or volume
- Sizes: Size A 10 fl. oz., Size B 42.3 fl. oz.
- Note: Hardener sizes correspond to group sizes of TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin. The hardener container does not come filled to the top. It contains the calibrated amount of product to work in conjunction with the same size resin container.
- Safety information: Work in a well-ventilated area and wear protective eyewear, protective clothing, and suitable gloves
- Note: Not intended for clear coating applications.
Extend working time in warmer temperatures
TotalBoat Tropical Hardener is ideal if you need more working time at room temperature in very warm, humid conditions at or above 70°F. It’s easy to measure the right mix, especially with the included pre-calibrated pump. Combine Tropical Hardener with our Traditional Epoxy Resin, then mix thoroughly for about two minutes before use. Great for wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics, coating, and bonding. Cures to a high-strength, moisture-resistant solid.
- Mix ratio by volume: 3A to 1B (3 parts TotalBoat Traditional 5:1 Epoxy Resin to 1 part TotalBoat Tropical Hardener)
- Mix ratio by weight: 100A (Resin) to 28B (Tropical Hardener)
- Application temperature: At or above 70°F
- Minimum recommended temperature: 70°F
- Pot life @75°F: 46 minutes
- Set time at @75°F: 20-24 hours
- Cure time at @75°F: 4-7 days
- Color: Cures to a light amber color. Not intended for clear coating applications. For clear coating applications, use TotalBoat Crystal Clear Hardener.
Important Safety Information
Always wear protective clothing and equipment to protect your eyes, skin, and lungs when working with TotalBoat Traditional Epoxy Resin and Hardeners. Personal protective clothing should include appropriate gloves, safety glasses or goggles, a proper respirator, and a proper apron or similar protective clothing.