- Thickened fast curing epoxy adhesive creates very strong, permanent bonds
- Sandable and ready to accept high loads in only four hours
- Each cartridge comes with two static mixing tips that automatically blend the 2:1 resin to hardener mix, with no mess or guessing
- Trim mixing tips to achieve desired bead size
- For smaller jobs, push out desired amount and mix by hand. Save mixing tips for larger applications
- Thixo cartridges fit most standard caulk guns
- Color: Clear
- Size: Available in an individual 185 ml cartridge (with 2 static mixing tips), or in a package of six cartridges (with 12 static mixing tips)
- Extra mixing tips are sold separately
The fastest curing, strongest Thixo yet
Thixo Fast Curing epoxy adhesive is the strongest (in flexural and tensile strength) cartridge-dispensed, 2 part epoxy adhesive we know of. Use it for bonding applications above and below the waterline, and as an adhesive on wood, metal, or fiberglass. It does virtually anything standard Thixo does, with the exception of filling gaps.
- NOTE: Thixo cartridges have a slightly offset nozzle that fits most, but not all, caulk guns. Caulking applicators used with Thixo need to have a hole large enough for the mixing tip; cartridges won’t fit applicators with only a small hole for the nozzle.
- Application temperature: At or above 55°F for best results
- Gel time: 10 minutes @ 77°F
- Cure time: 2 days @ 77°F
- Surface prep solvent: Acetone or denatured alcohol or TotalBoat Eco Solvent
- Cleanup solvent: Acetone or denatured alcohol; cured material must be removed mechanically
- Do not use for filling gaps – do not apply over over 1/2″ thick
A Thixo for every job, no matter what you need to bond, fill, fillet, or glue
Not all epoxies work the same. We’ve expanded the Thixo range to suit different applications. Each one is available as one cartridge with 2 static mixing tips, or in a package of 6 cartridges with 12 static mixing tips. Whether you’re a professional or DIYer, our innovative 2:1 epoxy system will provide great results, at a great price.
|Product||Description||For Use On||Application Examples|
||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Adhesive: Bulkheads, deck cleats, rub rails, gunwales, and seat bases; stitch and glue construction; scarf joints and chine log joints; fillets
Sealant: Seal plumbing, tanks, and hatches; seal end grain
Filler: Fill deck holes where hardware was removed, deck-hull seams, castings, welds, and voids
||Wood, fiberglass, brick, concrete, cement, glass, acrylic||Adhesive: Bond brick, concrete, cement, and composites. Great for filleting.
Sealant: Sidewalks, seams, steps, garage floors, and door frames
Filler: Seams, cracks, holes
Penetrating Epoxy: Laminating
|Thixo Fast Cure||
||Wood, metal, fiberglass, and more||For bonding and sealing applications. Not for use as a gap filler.|
||All types of wood||Stitch and glue bonding, scarf joints, butt joints, seams, fillets, filling holes and voids, sealing hulls and decks, surfboards, and furniture|
||Wood, fiberglass, metals, glass, ceramics, some plastics, and wet or difficult-to-bond hardwoods||For building and repairing wooden boats and bonding parts that are prone to flexing.|
|Thixo PRO||Original formula Thixo in a larger cartridge containing about 2½ times more epoxy||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Use for the same type of applications as Thixo. Thixo PRO gives you more adhesive for bigger jobs and more complicated installations.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What applications are Thixo Fast Cure most appropriate for?
Fast Cure is ideal for bonding applications above and below the waterline, as an adhesive on wood, metal, or fiberglass. It should not be used as a gap filler, and cannot be applied with a material thickness of over ½ inch.
What is the difference between standard Thixo epoxy adhesive and Fast Cure epoxy adhesive?
Thixo Fast Cure is actually stronger and dries three times faster than regular Thixo. It is also slightly creamier in color than regular Thixo, with a light tan tint.
Why can’t Thixo Fast Cure be used to fill gaps?
Fast Cure can be used to fill screw holes and other small voids. It cannot be applied over 1/2″ thick because it will generate heat as it cures at such thicknesses. For gap-filling applications, we recommend using regular Thixo.
What is the mixing tip diameter?
Tips dispense a ⅛” deep by ¼ wide” bead of epoxy but may be cut to allow a larger bead.
Are Thixo mixing tips reusable?
No, you must use a new tip for each use. The resin and hardener are mixed in the tube and harden after use. Replace with a new tip each time. All Thixo cartridges include two static mixing tips that ensure accurate mix ratio upon application. Additional thixo mixing tips can be purchased.
Do I need a special caulk gun to dispense Thixo epoxy?
No special caulk gun or tools are needed. Thixo cartridges fit most standard caulk guns. In cooler weather, you may find warming Thixo cartridges above room temperature makes it easier to dispense.
What should I know before using Thixo Fast Cure?
Surfaces should be clean, dry, and sanded before application to remove dirt, dust, grease, loose paint, oils, or other contaminants. The adhesive will gel in about 30 minutes at 77°F. Cure time is faster at warmer temperatures and slower at cooler temperatures. For more information, refer to our instructions here.
What is the shelf life of Thixo Fast Cure after the cartridge has been opened?
Typically, this epoxy has a 12-month shelf life. We recommend testing the old product before using. As long as it dispenses, it should be OK.
How should I store Thixo when not in use?
Store at 60-90°F in a dry place. Store on a raised surface off the floor during cold weather and avoid storing near outside walls or doors.