- Golden color oil penetrates deeply into wood grain to preserve natural beauty
- Easy to apply on clean, dry wood. Easy to maintain.
- Works from the inside out to provide deep, lasting protection
- Size: Quart / 32 ounces
- Includes 1 foam brush and 1 mixing pot
Exterior teak wood has a hard life at sea. The elements quickly age it to a silver-gray, weathered look. Apply TotalBoat Teak Oil on clean teak to preserve that golden “boat show” glow. It’s perfect for teak decking, flag poles, handrails, molding, mounting brackets, storage racks, swim platforms and other trim. Other teak oils are notorious for turning wood orange or black. Ours won’t. All TotalBoat products are for boaters, by boaters. We know what works and what doesn’t.
- Application: Brush on or apply with a rag
- Allow 20-30 minutes for penetration, then remove excess sealer
- Allow 8-12 hours of dry time between coats
- To ensure adhesion, scuff-sand between coats
- Recommended number of coats: Depends on the location and condition of the wood
- Heavily weathered teak may require additional applications until the wood stops absorbing any more oil
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including titanium dioxide, ethylbenzene, silica crystalline, and cumene, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and n-methylpyrrolidone, which is known to the State of California to cause developmental toxicity. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Frequently Asked Questions
What can Teak Oil be used on?
It is designed for use on teak wood, but will also work on other hardwoods and softwoods, including acacia, bamboo, cedar, cypress, ipe, mahogany, maple, oak, pine, poplar, red oak, rosewood, and walnut.
How many coats of Teak Oil should I apply?
It depends on the location and condition of the wood. Generally, 2 coats of oil are sufficient for finish and protection purposes on new, or freshly scrubbed and sanded teak. For wood exposed to the elements, periodic maintenance coats may be applied as needed throughout the season.
How long should I wait between coats?
Allow 8-12 hours of dry time between coats. We recommend lightly scuff-sanding with a Scotch-Brite pad between coats.
How much coverage is there?
The coverage for sq ft per gallon is 200-250 for the first coat, and 300-400 for the second coat.
How do I apply Teak Oil?
Apply by brush or wipe on with a clean, lint-free cotton rag. Allow 20-30 minutes for TotalBoat Teak Oil to penetrate, then wipe off any excess sealer with a clean, lint-free cotton rag. For more information, refer to our step-by-step instructions here.