- High-performance, elastomeric marine sealant is extremely strong and flexible once cured
- Withstands expansion, compression, twisting, and bending
- Apply to fiberglass, wood, aluminum, steel, plexiglass, glass, and most plastics. Test first on “hard to glue” materials.
- Can be used as a sealant for Starboard®, but does not form a structural bond
- May be be sanded and painted once cured
- Unaffected by teak cleaners, saltwater, oil, diesel, and more. Not for use in areas where gasoline is present.
- Fits standard sized caulk guns
- Color: White
- Size: Available in a 3 oz. tube, 10 oz. (290 ml) cartridge or in a pack of six 10 oz. cartridges
The fastest-curing, most flexible, and most UV-stable marine adhesive sealant you can squeeze out of a cartridge
TotalBoat Seal combines the best attributes of different elastomeric sealants to create one that’s stronger, adheres better, is more flexible, and has a longer shelf life. It skins over fast to prevent contamination by dirt or dust, won’t sag on vertical surfaces, and cures quickly. It’s also highly UV stable, resists staining, and can even be sanded and painted over upon full cure.
Use it for a variety of applications, including bedding hardware, sealing portholes and windshields, flush and overlapping joints, stopping leaks, and more. 10 ounce (290 ml) cartridges fit standard caulk guns, making it easy to apply a clean bead. In addition, TotalBoat Seal’s moderate bond strength allows disassembly. Compare Seal’s properties: no other sealant offers this combination of adhesion, elongation, shelf life, and strength.
Seal Marine Adhesive Sealant Specifications:
- Not recommended for wooden deck seams
- Application temperature: 40-130°F
- Skin-forming time: 10 minutes @ 70°F
- Cure time: Variable; 1 day or longer (depending on project, temperature, and humidity)
- Cure temperature range: -20°F to +120°F
- Shelf life: 36 months @ 70°F, sealed
- Yield: 156 linear feet @ 1⁄8” bead; 39 linear feet @ ¼” bead
- Clean up with mineral spirits
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including toluene, which is known to the State of California to cause reproductive toxicity. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of sealant is this?
This is an Elastomeric (Synthetic Rubber) adhesive sealant. It is not a Polyurethane, Polysulfide, Polyether, or Silicone.
What applications are elastomeric sealants most appropriate for?
Seal can be used for many applications, including bedding hardware, sealing portholes and windshields, flush and overlapping joints, and stopping leaks on wood, fiberglass, glass, metals, plexiglass, and most plastics.
Can I use it on teak deck seams?
No, you should not use this sealant on teak deck seams.
Can I use it below the waterline?
Yes. Seal is UV stable and waterproof, making it great to use both above and below the waterline.
Do I need a special caulk gun to dispense the sealant?
No special caulk gun is needed. 10 ounce (290 ml) cartridges fit most standard caulk guns, making it easy to apply a clean bead.
How long does this marine sealant take to cure?
Depending on the temperature and humidity, it can take approximately 1-7 days for a full cure.
What is the shelf life of the Seal?
The shelf life is 36 months at 70°F.
Do I need to prime first?
No, there is no need to prime before using TotalBoat Marine Sealant.
Can I sand or paint over the sealant?
Yes, Seal can be sanded and painted over once it’s fully cured.
Can I use TotalBoat Seal for Starboard?
Yes, it can be used as a sealant for Starboard, but it does not form a structural bond.
Is it non-conductive?
Yes. Elastomeric sealants can be used on electrical connections or materials.