- TotalBoat Epoxy Fast Hardener is to be used with TotalBoat High Performance Epoxy Resin only
- Provides the shortest pot life and the fastest cure time at room temperature
- Cures overnight in cooler temperatures (minimum 55°F)
- Can be combined with other TotalBoat High Performance Hardeners to customize or fine-tune working properties and cure time
- Color: Clear
- Sizes: Group Size A – Pint (17.9 fl. oz.), Group Size B – Half Gallon (62.6 fl. oz.), Group Size C – Gallon (128.2 fl. oz.)
- Note: Hardener sizes correspond to group sizes of TotalBoat High Performance Epoxy Resin (sold separately)
TotalBoat High Performance Epoxy Resin and High Performance Non-Blushing Hardeners can be poured (to measure by weight or volume), or dispensed in exact measure using TotalBoat 2:1 Epoxy Pumps. Our 2:1 Epoxy Pumps are intended for use only with TotalBoat High Performance Epoxy Resin and Hardener containers, and they will not fit other marine 2:1 epoxy resin and hardener containers.
Which TotalBoat High Performance Hardener Do I Need for My Project?
High Performance Fast Hardener – Use High Performance Fast Hardener for the fastest cure and shortest working time at room temperature, or for an overnight cure in low temperatures (minimum 55°F).
High Performance Medium Hardener – Use High Performance Medium Hardener for most common applications, or for an overnight cure at room temperature (77°F).
High Performance Slow Hardener – Use High Performance Slow Hardener for extended working time and cure time at room temperature, or when working in warmer temperature conditions. If you are new at working with epoxy resin, the slow speed hardener will give you more working time, which you may find helpful.
Even better, you can customize pot life and cure time further by combining the different hardeners with each other. Just remember to always maintain the proper ratio of 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener by volume.
- High Performance Epoxy Resin Color: Clear
- High Performance Fast Hardener Color: Clear
- Mix ratio by volume: 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener
- Application: Brush, roller, or syringe; can also be poured and spread with an epoxy spreader
- Minimum recommended temperature: 55°F
- Recommended temperature for dispensing via pump: 60-70°F
- Pot life @ 77°F: 10 minutes
- Tack-free time @ 77°F: 2 hours
- Full cure @ 77°F: 2 days
- Safety information: Work in a well-ventilated area and wear protective eye wear, protective clothing, and suitable gloves
|Properties (Admixed)||High Performance Fast Hardener||High Performance Medium Hardener||High Performance Slow Hardener|
|Mix Ratio by Volume (Resin:Hardener)||2:1||2:1||2:1|
|Mix Ratio by Weight (Resin:Hardener)||100A:46B||100A:45B||100A:45B|
|Gel Time at 77°F (150g mass)||10 min.||25 min.||40 min.|
|Tack-Free Time at 77°F||2 hrs.||3 hrs.||5 hrs.|
|Full Cure at 77°F||2 days||3.5 days||5 days|
|Minimum Recommended Temperature||55°F||55°F||55°F|
|Tensile Strength||7,700 psi||8,000 psi||7,300 psi|
|Tensile Modulus||380,000 psi||390,000 psi||360,000 psi|
|Flexural Strength||11,600 psi||11,600 psi||10,200 psi|
|Flexural Modulus||330,000 psi||360,000 psi||330,000 psi|
|Compressive Strength||9,500 psi||9,900 psi||8,900 psi|
|Hardness, Shore D||84||83||83|
|Intended for Clear Coating Applications?||YES||YES||YES|
|Maximum Pour Depth, Per Layer**||Less than 1/8″||1/8″||
**NOTE: For 2:1 Slow Hardener maximum pour depth: Helping to dissipate heat from the cure will generally promote a more clear, smooth surface. If heat is not allowed to dissipate sufficiently from a mold or casting, it is still possible for pours, even with these guidelines, to generate enough heat to leave an imperfect surface or a slight yellow cast in the cured product.