Joel Hanneman found an engine in great shape that was ready for many more years of boating. But it was attached to a hull that needed lots of help. He purchased the Steiger25 “Escort” with a restoration plan to gut the whole interior, and in the end be the proud owner of a renowned, solid 25 foot powerboat with a dependable motor.
Joel works in boat building and fiberglass repair, so he understood the restoration work that laid ahead of him and he wasted no time gutting the hull and getting right down to the bare bones of the boat.
His project list is to:
- Rip up the deck
- Replace & strengthen transom
- Tear out and replace stringers
- Re Seat the gas tank and surrounding area
- Redo main bulkhead and cabin door
- Redo steering and electronics set up
- Redo console/ wheel area
- Strip and barrier coat bottom
- Apply bottom paint
- Go boating! (ASAP!)
Check out the amazing transformation of Joel’s boat in the gallery below. Great job, Joel!