- Easy to obtain beautiful, glossy results whether you’re a professional or it’s your first time using epoxy
- Unique 2-part, high-viscosity epoxy resin coating cures at room temperature
- Cures without bubbling or blushing
- Cures to a 100% waterproof, clear, deep glass-like finish on bar, table, and counter tops
- Resists scratches, stains, and yellowing
- Simple 1 to 1 mix ratio makes it very easy to use
- BPA-Free, VOC-Free formula makes TotalBoat TableTop a smart alternative to other products with harsh industrial chemicals
Not sure how much TableTop Epoxy you need? Try our simple epoxy calculator to determine how much resin your project will require.
Simple Instructions for Using TableTop Epoxy
What You’ll Need:
- TotalBoat TableTop Epoxy Resin and Hardener
- Protective gloves
- Eye protection
- Clothing protection
- Clean, dry, plastic mixing pots
- Wooden mixing sticks
- Plastic packing tape, if needed around edges, for holding in liquid epoxy
- Poly sheeting to protect floor and collect any spillage
- Plastic resin spreader and/or brush to spread liquid epoxy
- Hair dryer or heat gun for removing air bubbles
STEP 1 – PREPARE YOUR SURFACE
STEP 2 – MEASURE THE RESIN & HARDENER
STEP 3 – MIX WELL
STEP 4 – SEAL THE SURFACE
STEP 5 – APPLY FLOOD COATS
STEP 6 – POP BUBBLES & LET CURE
- 100% solids, high-build, high-gloss, pourable epoxy
- Apply to properly prepared wood, metal, stone, ceramic, and concrete surfaces
- Simple 1 to 1 mix ratio
- Self-levels as it cures
- Sizes: Available in a 2-Quart Kit (1 Quart TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1 Quart TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B), a 1 Gallon Kit (½-Gallon TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and ½-Gallon TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B), and a 2 Gallon Kit (1 Gallon TableTop Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1 Gallon TableTop Epoxy Hardener Part B)
- Each order includes: 2 stir sticks, 2 QT size paint pails, and 1 plastic spreader
Get the crystal clear, high-gloss, durable coating seen on restaurant bar tops and table tops
TotalBoat TableTop is a pourable, 2-part, clear coat epoxy system formulated for ease of use and superior results. It cures to a clear, deep, glassy and 100% waterproof finish that provides excellent scratch, stain and yellowing resistance. Upon full cure, TableTop provides unsurpassed finish clarity while preserving the surface underneath for a lifetime.
Great for wood or art projects like embedding objects, decoupage and other crafts
TableTop makes it easy to cover a prepared level, horizontal surface containing just about any collection of personally priceless, glued-down objects (such as photographs, postcards, bottle caps, coins, charts, baseball cards, buttons) with multiple, thin layers of crystal clear protection. To make objects appear to float beneath the surface, embed them between coats. Just remember to seal delicate things (like photos) that the epoxy might damage, in an alternate clear coat before embedding them in the TableTop Epoxy.
Or, skip the glued-down objects altogether and just coat the flat surface as is. Wait 4-8 hours between coats to get the maximum self-leveling benefit and a crystal clear finish. Almost any horizontal, level surface is fair game. Chart tables, galley tables, cockpit tables, and coasters are just a few of the creative possibilities.
No BPA, No VOCs
It’s time to skip the noxious fumes and unknown safety of other resin systems. TableTop contains no volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. This means a safer, healthier work environment when you are stirring, pouring, and spreading. And, because the hardener component is BPA-free, Tabletop is more suitable for limited contact with food. Note: we don’t recommend using epoxy for a cutting board, though.
- Application temperature: Apply only in temperatures between 70-80°F. Warm conditions are critical for success.
- Edge taping: Before mixing the epoxy, contain the liquid epoxy by taping the edges of the top. Packing tape is best because it releases cleanly and easily after the epoxy cures.
- Mix ratio by volume: 1 part resin to 1 part hardener
- Seal coat application: Brush
- Flood coat application(s): Pour on and spread with an epoxy spreader. Flood coats should be no thicker than 1/8″ each.
- Application temperature: 70-80°F
- Working time: 20 minutes @ 70°F
- Gel time: 30 minutes @ 77°F
- Time between coats: 4-8 hours (without needing to sand between coats
- Cure time: 16-20 hours @ 70°F
- Product Color: TableTop Epoxy Resin (clear), Hardener (very light amber)
- Cured Color: Clear
- Coverage at 1/8″ thick (2-Quart Kit): 6.4 sq. ft.
- Coverage at 1/8″ thick (Gallon Kit): 12.8 sq. ft.
- Coverage at 1/8″ thick (2-Gallon Kit): 25.6 sq. ft.
- UV-resistant formula is not intended for outdoor applications with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Do not place items hotter than 125°F on the cured surface, or it will become distorted and discolor.