- Water-clear, high-gloss, low-viscosity, pourable epoxy resin lets you pour single layers up to 1″ thick for larger applications, and up to 2″ thick for smaller molds.
- Self-leveling epoxy is clear as glass to showcase embedded objects, and hard as stone to protect from scratches and scuffs.
- Long working time gives you more time to play and create—especially when covering larger surfaces.
- Simple 3 parts resin to 1 part hardener mix ratio makes it easy for beginners to get great results.
- Use on interior surfaces out of direct sunlight for durable beauty that lasts a lifetime, without fogging or yellowing.
- Take your art to the next level on wood, glass, ceramic, plastic, stone, concrete, and many other surfaces. Have fun, experiment, and pour your heart out!
- Apply to properly prepared wood, metal, stone, ceramic, and concrete surfaces
- Simple 3 to 1 mix ratio
- Easy to tint with epoxy-safe coloring agents for added interest.
- Sizes: Available in a 1.3 Quart Kit (1 Quart ThickSet Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1/3 Quart ThickSet Epoxy Hardener Part B), 1.3 Gallon Kit (1 Gallon ThickSet Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1/3 Gallon ThickSet Epoxy Hardener Part B), and a 4 Gallon Kit (3 Gallons ThickSet Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1 Gallon ThickSet Epoxy Hardener Part B)
- Each order includes: 2 stir sticks, 2 Qt. size paint pails, 1 plastic spreader, and a pair of large latex gloves
Turn ordinary things into extraordinary conversation pieces
TotalBoat ThickSet Clear Casting Epoxy is great for custom works of art on bar tops, counter tops, table tops, kitchen islands, kitchen counters, bistro tables, paperweights, lamp bases, chess sets, sculptures, jewelry—whatever you like!
Just measure, mix, and pour!
TotalBoat ThickSet makes it easy to get great results—even if you’ve never used epoxy before. Just measure carefully, stir thoroughly, and pour slowly onto your prepared surface or into your prepared mold. The key is step pouring with multiple layers. This means that when the previous layer has cooled but is soft enough to indent with your fingernail, pour the next layer directly on top.
- Application temperature: 65°F-80°F. Warm conditions are critical for success.
- For your safety, work in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves, eye protection, and clothing protection.
- Mix ratio by volume: 3 parts resin to 1 part hardener
- Seal coat application: Brush. When applying to wood or porous surfaces, be sure to apply a very thin skim coat of epoxy to seal the surface, and allow it to cure before applying more epoxy.
- Flood coat application(s): Pour on and spread with an epoxy spreader. Single-layer flood coats should be no deeper than 1/2″ to 1″ for larger areas, and 2″ for smaller molds.
- Working time @ 77°F: 10-30 minutes, depending on mixing mass, material temperature, ambient temperature, mixing time, mixing speed, application speed, & casting or coating thickness
- Gel time @ 77°F: 5.5 hours
- Cured color: Clear
- Volumetric yield: 1.5 sq ft (at 1" thickness) per gallon of mixed product
- UV-resistant formula is not intended for outdoor applications with prolonged sunlight exposure.
- Do not place items hotter than 125°F on the cured surface.
A Gorgeous Epoxy River Top Kitchen Island Made from Reclaimed Lumber
Talented TotalBoat Ambassador Jonny Lambert, of Jonny Builds fame, uses our TotalBoat ThickSet Epoxy to build a unique epoxy river top kitchen island. He used reclaimed lumber live-edge walnut slab cut-offs for the island top, and swirled black and white pearl pigments into our TotalBoat ThickSet Epoxy to create the ‘river’. Watch the wizard at work as he takes wood which would otherwise have ended up in the dumpster and turns it into a functional work of art.