- For properly prepared aluminum-hulled boats, pontoons, and underwater metals. Can be applied to most previously painted surfaces in good condition, including those containing copper-based paint.
- High-solids, eco-friendly formula provides outstanding, single-season protection against mussels, barnacles, and slime in saltwater, fresh water, and brackish water
- Copper-free paint won’t cause galvanic corrosion
- High-performance, copolymer ablative formula self-polishes by design to stay smooth, prevent paint buildup, and eliminate sanding
- Haul and relaunch without decreasing the effectiveness of the AlumiPaint AF coating
- Colors: Black and Navy Blue. Important Color Note: The Navy Blue color is a dark royal blue, rather than a traditional dark navy blue. Please see color chart. Note that actual colors may vary from swatches shown.
- Sizes: Available in Quart and Gallon sizes
- Each gallon order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, a pair of latex gloves, and two 14″ wooden stir sticks
- Each quart order includes a pair of latex gloves and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
Metal-free antifouling paint that’s a must for aluminum bottoms and better for the environment
Conventional, copper-based bottom paints will eat through an aluminum hull. Because there’s no copper in AlumiPaint AF, it won’t cause galvanic corrosion, so it’s great for painting pontoons, aluminum hulls, and underwater metals like running gear and outdrives. Also, copper is heavy. But an AlumiPaint AF coating weighs less and doesn’t make your engine work as hard, which lowers your fuel bill. No copper and low VOCs also mean it won’t cause harm to delicate marine ecosystems.
If your boat sits idle for a time, AlumiPaint AF doesn’t need scuffing to reactivate its antifouling protection before launching. When you’re ready to go, just hop in, let the good times roll, and don’t worry about those bottom-hugging, slimy, crusty things.
- Priming Note: For optimum performance and corrosion prevention, it’s imperative to prep and prime bare aluminum and steel before applying AlumiPaint AF. We recommend TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Barrier Coat.
- Econea™ (tralopyril): 5.22%
- Zinc pyrithione: 4.00%
- Application: Brush or roll (3/8″ nap roller recommended); Spraying is not recommended.
- Thinning: Xylene (Xylol)
- Primer: TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Barrier Coat
- Cleanup: Xylene (Xylol) or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Coverage: Approximately 400 sq. ft. per gallon (80-100 sq. ft. per quart)
- Number of coats: 1-2 per season for best results
- Dry to overcoat: 1-4 hours, depending on temperature
- Dry to launch: 12-24 hours, depending on temperature
- Launch window: Within 2 weeks of painting
TotalBoat Antifouling Paint Compatibility Chart
TotalBoat AlumiPaint AF Technical Data
AlumiPaint AF Black SDS
AlumiPaint AF Blue SDS