- For properly prepared aluminum, iron, and steel boats, aluminum pontoons, and underwater metals. Can be applied to most previously painted surfaces in good condition, including those containing copper-based paint.
- High-solids, eco-friendly formula provides outstanding, single-season protection against mussels, barnacles, and slime in saltwater, fresh water, and brackish water.
- Copper-free paint won’t cause galvanic corrosion.
- High-performance, copolymer ablative formula self-polishes by design to stay smooth, prevent paint buildup, and eliminate sanding.
- Haul and relaunch without decreasing the effectiveness of the AlumiPaint AF coating.
- Colors: Black and Blue
- Sizes: Quart and Gallon
- Each gallon order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, and two 14″ wooden stir sticks
- Each quart order includes two 10″ wooden stir sticks
Copper-free antifouling paint that’s a must for aluminum bottoms and better for the environment
Conventional copper-based bottom paints will eat through an aluminum hull. Because there’s no copper in AlumiPaint AF, it won’t cause galvanic corrosion, so it’s great for painting pontoons, aluminum hulls, and underwater metals like running gear and outdrives. Also, copper is heavy. But an AlumiPaint AF coating weighs less and doesn’t make your engine work as hard, which lowers your fuel bill. No copper and low VOCs also mean it won’t cause harm to delicate marine ecosystems.
If your boat sits idle for a time, AlumiPaint AF doesn’t need scuffing to reactivate its antifouling protection before launching. When you’re ready to go, just hop in, let the good times roll, and don’t worry about any bottom-hugging, slimy, crusty things.
- Priming Note: For optimum performance and corrosion prevention, it’s imperative to prep and prime bare aluminum, iron, and steel before applying AlumiPaint AF. For aluminum, we recommend TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Barrier Coat. For iron and steel, we recommend TotalBoat TotalProtect Barrier Coat Primer.
- Tralopyril: 6.00%
- Zinc pyrithione: 4.80%
- Application: Brush, roll, or spray. For rolling, a 3/16″ nap or foam solvent-safe roller is recommended; for brushing, use a high-quality natural bristle brush.
- Thinning: Product should not require thinning, but you can thin up to 10% (12 oz. per gallon). For brush/roller applications: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100; For spray applications: Xylene (Xylol)
- Primer: TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Barrier Coat (aluminum); TotalBoat TotalProtect Barrier Coat Primer (steel and iron)
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon (125 sq. ft. per quart)
- Number of coats: 1-2 per season, for best results
- Dry time to overcoat: 1-4 hours, depending on temperature
- Dry time to launch: 2-8 hours, depending on temperature