- Kit options include quart or gallon sizes of 5:1 Epoxy Resin, with your choice of Fast or Slow hardeners, and with or without pumps, cups, stir sticks, and gloves
- Viscosity is preferred for ease in wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound, or adhesive when combined with various thickening agents
- Exceptional thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating
- Easy to measure and mix using the pre-calibrated 5:1 Epoxy Pumps, which are color-coded to match the resin or hardener cap
- Either of the 5:1 Fast and Slow Hardeners mixed with 5:1 Epoxy Resin cures to a slight amber color. Not intended for clear coat applications. (See TotalBoat Crystal Clear Epoxy for clear coating).
- Any amine blush upon cure is easily removed by scrubbing lightly
- Compatibility: TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy can be used interchangeably with other traditional 5:1 marine epoxy systems
- Apply to fiberglass, reinforcing fabrics, wood, etched aluminum, and bare steel and lead
- Mix ratio by volume: 5 parts resin to 1 part hardener
- Application: Brush, roller, or syringe; can also be poured and spread with an epoxy spreader
- Minimum recommended temperature (Fast Hardener): 40°F
- Minimum recommended temperature (Slow Hardener): 60°F
- Recommended temperature for dispensing via pump: 60-70°F
- Pot life @ 75°F: 12 minutes (Fast Hardener); 20 minutes (Slow Hardener)
- Color: 5:1 Epoxy Resin (clear), Fast and Slow Hardeners (amber)
- System Sizes: Group Size A – Quart Kit; Group Size B – Gallon Kit; Group Size C – 5.45 Gallon Kit
|Group Size||5:1 Epoxy Resin Quantity||Fast or Slow Hardener Quantity||Mixed Quantity|
|A (Quart Kit)||30 fl. oz.||6 fl. oz||36 fl. oz|
|B (Gallon Kit)||127 fl. oz.||25 fl. oz.||152 fl. oz.|
|C (5.45 Gallon Kit)||570.88 fl. oz. (4.46 gal.)||127 fl. oz.||697.88 fl. oz (5.45 gal.)|
The tough, water-resistant cure for whatever unfloats your boat
Have a chainplate that busted out of its bulkhead? A motor mount that came unmounted? Delaminated deck material? Cracks in your cuddy? No matter what shape your ship’s in, there are several projects epoxy can handle. It’s strong and won’t shrink in the face of daunting repairs. Literally. There’s nominal shrinkage, especially in larger repairs like replacing large sections of laminate. TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy cured to a high-strength, water-resistant solid ideal for use in a variety of epoxy repair and fiberglass projects, including coating, bonding, and laminating. Add our fillers to the resin/hardener mix to get a strong adhesive, or a fairing and filleting compound that sands easily once cured.
Kits make doing it yourself even easier
Whether you’re reinstalling berth frames and bulkheads, or you have an old wooden boat that needs some new skin, there’s enough stuff in our kits to make tough projects easier. You get the 5:1 Epoxy Resin and your choice of either Fast or Slow Hardener. Use the Fast Hardener in cooler temperature conditions to give you adequate working time and to speed up the curing time. The Slow Hardener extends the working and cure times in warmer temperatures. These complete, project-ready kits also have a set of calibrated pumps to dole out the resin and hardener in the precise mix of 5 parts resin to 1 part hardener, two stir sticks, two mixing pots, and a pair of latex gloves. If you only need the 5:1 Epoxy Resin and Hardener, there’s a kit for that, too.
Our 5:1 epoxy system is compatible with traditional 5:1 marine epoxy systems
Still have another brand of resin or hardener left over from previous projects? You can use the TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy system interchangeably with other traditional 5:1 marine epoxy systems, letting you can mix and match to use up those leftovers.
5:1 epoxy resin systems are interchangeable, but the pumps aren’t
Our epoxy resin and hardeners are packaged so there’s no wasted product. For example, the Size A 5:1 Epoxy Resin and the Size A Hardener are packaged so when they’re dispensed 5:1—one push down on the white resin pump and one push down on the black hardener pump—the packages will eventually empty at the same time. When you buy new product, you can reuse your existing pumps, if you’ve kept them. The only thing that isn’t compatible are the pumps. If you’re using our 5:1 Epoxy Resin with another brand of hardener (or vice versa), you have three choices for measuring:
- Use TotalBoat containers and pumps: white for the resin and black for the hardener
- Use the other brand’s containers and pumps for measuring resin and hardener at a 5:1 ratio
- Measure the resin and hardener components by volume, not by pumps
After measuring, just give the mix a good stir for about two minutes to combine thoroughly before applying. When all is said and done—and cured—you’ll get professional results without the professional’s bill.
Important Safety Information
WARNING: The TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Slow Hardener can expose you to chemicals including bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause female reproductive toxicity. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Always wear protective clothing and equipment to protect your eyes, skin, and lungs when working with TotalBoat Traditional Epoxy Resin and Hardeners. Personal protective clothing should include appropriate gloves, safety glasses or goggles, a proper respirator, and a proper apron or similar protective clothing.
TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin Technical Data
TotalBoat Traditional 5:1 Epoxy Resin Pumps Instructions
5:1 Epoxy Resin SDS
5:1 Fast Hardener SDS
5:1 Slow Hardener SDS