- 45% copper load ensures for multiple season protection in salt water and fresh water
- An ultra-smooth, durable bottom paint for fiberglass and wooden boats, primed steel, and most previously painted surfaces
- Water-activated formula allows launching up to 18 months after painting
- Colors: Black, Blue, Teal, and Red
- Sizes: Gallons (all colors) and Quarts (Black/Blue only)
- Each order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, a pair of latex gloves, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
Exceptional antifouling protection in high fouling conditions
Spartan’s 45% copper content and self-polishing nature combine to shed slime and shield your boat’s bottom from hard and soft growth like zebra mussels, algae, and hydroids all season long. The more coats you apply, the longer Spartan repels even the most aggressive foulants.
Haul and relaunch without repainting
If your boat’s been on the hard more than two weeks after painting it with Spartan, or if you apply Spartan then use your boat for a season and haul out at the end, there’s no need to repaint when you’re ready to relaunch. Simply scuffing lightly with a maroon 3M Scotch-Brite™ Pad or 80-grit sandpaper reactivates this paint’s antifouling properties.
Burnishing adds smoothness and speed with no loss of protection
Spartan is easy to apply with a roller or brush, flows evenly, and cures quickly to a streamlined, abrasion-resistant finish made even smoother by burnishing. And Spartan won’t wear off faster just because your boat moves faster through the water. Its advanced co-polymer ablative formula releases biocides at the same constant, controlled rate no matter how fast or slow you go.
- Cuprous oxide: 45%
- Application: Brush or roll (3/8″ nap roller cover recommended)
- Thinning: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Number of coats: 2-3
- Dry to overcoat: 1-4 hours
- Dry to launch: 12-24 hours
- One gallon covers 400 ft2
- Do not use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat Krypton copper-free bottom paint.
- Primer: TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat Primer