- 38% copper load ensures multiple season protection in salt water and fresh water
- Ultra-smooth, durable bottom paint for fiberglass and wooden boats, primed steel, and most previously painted surfaces
- Smooth finish can be burnished for added speed and increased fuel efficiency
- Colors: Black, Blue, Green, and Red
- Sizes: Gallons (all colors) and Quarts (Black/Blue only)
- Gallon Bonus: Each Gallon order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, an abrasive pad, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
- Quart Bonus: Each Quart order includes an abrasive pad & a 10″ wooden stir stick
Exceptional antifouling protection in high fouling conditions
Spartan’s high copper content and self-polishing nature combine to shed slime and shield your boat’s bottom from hard and soft growth like zebra mussels, algae, and hydroids all season long. The more coats you apply, the longer Spartan repels even the most aggressive foulants.
Burnishing adds smoothness and speed with no loss of protection
Spartan is easy to apply with a roller or brush, flows evenly, and cures quickly to a streamlined, abrasion-resistant finish made even smoother by burnishing. And Spartan won’t wear off faster just because your boat moves faster through the water. Its advanced co-polymer ablative formula releases biocides at the same constant, controlled rate no matter how fast or slow you go.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR SPARTAN
The TotalBoat Spartan paint you receive will have one of two EPA numbers. All Spartan paints have the same effective formula, and similar colors, but depending on the EPA number, will use different thinners and solvents. Look on the can label to find the EPA number, then refer to the Technical Data Sheet below that matches the number on your can. The specifications below are for cans with EPA number 60061-71-89049. If the EPA number on your can is 74681-2-89049, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet for that number. For best results, please follow all instructions on the paint can label, and refer to the technical data sheet that corresponds to the EPA Number on the label.
Specifications For Cans with EPA Number 60061-71-89049:
- Cuprous oxide: 38%
- Application: Brush, roll (3/16″ nap or foam solvent-safe roller cover recommended), or spray (airless or conventional)
- Surface prep solvents: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100, TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Thinning: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 (brush/roller application), Xylene (spray application)
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Number of coats: 1-2
- Dry time to overcoat: 1.5 hours @ 90°F, 3 hours @ 70°F, 6 hours @ 50°F
- Dry time to launch: 6 hours @ 90°F, 10 hours @ 70°F, 16 hours @ 50°F
- Do not use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat Krypton copper-free bottom paint.
- Primer: TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat Primer (for fiberglass and metals (not for aluminum))
Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames. and hot surfaces. Do not get in eyes, skin, or on clothing. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product. Avoid releases of this product to the environment. Wear proper eye, skin, arms and hands protection. Before using this product, please read and understand all safety information in the SDS (Safety Data Sheet).
Spartan Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 60061-89049 on the label
TotalBoat Spartan Technical Data Sheet
TotalBoat Spartan Red SDS for EPA No. 60061-71-89049
TotalBoat Spartan Green SDS for EPA No. 60061-71-89049
TotalBoat Spartan Blue SDS for EPA No. 60061-71-89049
TotalBoat Spartan Black SDS for EPA No. 60061-71-89049
Spartan Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 74681-2-89049 on the label
TotalBoat Spartan Technical Data for Cans with EPA No. 74681-2-89049
Spartan SDS (All Colors) EPA No. 74681-2-89049