- Kit options include quart or gallon sizes of 2:1 Epoxy Resin, with your choice of 2:1 Fast, Medium, and Slow Hardeners so you can adjust working and cure times
- Premium, high-performance epoxy resin has a naturally clear, glossy, level finish when cured
- Cures with greater clarity and more flexibility than traditional 5:1 epoxy systems
- Low viscosity is ideal for coating, laminating, hand layups, & vacuum bagging applications
- Combine with fillers for a high-strength bonding, gluing, filleting, or fairing compound
- Bonds readily with fiberglass and other composite fabrics, wood, aluminum, steel, and lead
- Easy to measure in a 2:1 mix ratio with non-blushing TotalBoat 2:1 Fast, Medium, or Slow Hardeners
- Measure precise 2:1 ratio with the calibrated 2:1 Epoxy Pumps (included), or manually by weight or volume
- Compatibility: TotalBoat High Performance 2:1 Epoxy Resin is not compatible with other 2:1 marine epoxy systems
- Kit Sizes: Group Size A – Quart Kit, Group Size B – Gallon Kit
- Kit Speeds: Slow, Medium, Fast
- Kit Contents: TotalBoat 2:1 Epoxy Resin, TotalBoat 2:1 Hardener (Slow, Medium, or Fast), calibrated 2:1 measuring pumps & instructions, 2 quart size plastic mixing pots, 2 10-inch wooden stir sticks, and a pair of large latex gloves.
|Group Size / Speed||2:1 Epoxy Resin Quantity||2:1 Hardener Quantity||Mixed Quantity|
|A / Slow||31.8 fl. oz.||15.2 fl. oz||47.0 fl. oz|
|A / Medium||31.8 fl. oz.||15.4 fl. oz.||47.2 fl. oz|
|A / Fast||31.8 fl. oz.||17.9 fl. oz.||49.7 fl. oz|
|B / Slow||127.2 fl. oz.||63.8 fl. oz.||191.0 fl. oz|
|B / Medium||127.2 fl. oz.||62.9 fl. oz.||190.1 fl. oz|
|B / Fast||127.2 fl. oz.||62.6 fl. oz.||189.8 fl. oz|
Premium, easy-to-use, low-viscosity, clear epoxy resin system in a convenient kit
Use TotalBoat High Performance 2:1 epoxy resin for a moisture-resistant cure that’s more clear and slightly more flexible than traditional 5:1 epoxy resin systems. Its greater elasticity is especially ideal for building and repairing wooden boats prone to flexing during use or with fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
The calibrated pumps (included) and the simple 2:1 mix ratio of 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener make it easy to get a perfect cure every time.
This versatile 2:1 system can be used for so many different projects. Use unfilled for laminating, hand layups, coating, and vacuum bagging. Or, add TotalBoat fillers for a strong adhesive, filleting material, or fairing compound. So many capabilities at such a great value. And resin and hardener are packaged according to group sizes so there’s no waste.
Cures to a high-gloss, ultra-clear finish—with no blush to scrub off between coats
Its exceptionally clear, level finish is perfect for clear coating projects like showcasing carbon fiber’s cool weave patterns, or for emphasizing wood’s natural color, grain, and beauty. And, because there’s no amine blush, you won’t waste time on messy washdowns between coats, or worry whether you removed every trace of surface blush, so you can apply the next coat knowing it’ll cure properly.
Three hardener speeds let you control working properties and cure times
With our High Performance 2:1 Epoxy Resin, whether your goal is to buy more time or speed up the process, we make the choice easy by offering Fast, Medium, and Slow 2:1 Hardeners that let you modify working properties and cure time to your advantage.
If you want the fastest cure and shortest pot life, or if you’re working in cooler temperatures, use the 2:1 Fast Hardener. For most common applications, use the 2:1 Medium Hardener. If you’re working in warm conditions, or you need a longer working time, use the 2:1 Slow Hardener. Likewise if you’re new to using epoxy resin, you may find the extended pot life and cure time helpful.
All of its "lows" are its high points
- Low 2:1 mix ratio makes it very easy to measure precisely for a proper mix and a reliable cure.
- Low viscosity flows easily to saturate the fibers in composite fabrics for better hand layups and vacuum bagging projects. Excellent thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating.
- Low drip properties ensure smooth and strong coating, laminating, and bonding, and it cures with very low shrinkage.
- Low VOC content and low odor make it more suitable for shop or garage use where indoor air quality is especially important.
Which TotalBoat 2:1 Kit Speed Should I Choose?
2:1 Fast Kit – Use the 2:1 Fast Kit for the fastest cure and shortest working time at room temperature, or for an overnight cure in low temperatures (minimum 55°F).
2:1 Medium Kit – Use the 2:1 Medium Kit for most common applications, or for an overnight cure at room temperature (77°F).
2:1 Slow Kit – Use the 2:1 Slow Kit for extended working time and cure time at room temperature, or when working in warmer temperature conditions.
- High Performance 2:1 Epoxy Resin Color: Clear
- 2:1 Hardener Color (ALL): Clear
- Mix ratio by volume: 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener
- Application: Brush, roller, or syringe; can also be poured and spread with an epoxy spreader
- Minimum recommended temperature (ALL Hardeners): 55°F
- Recommended temperature for dispensing via pump: 60-70°F
- Safety information: Work in a well-ventilated area and wear protective eye wear, protective clothing, and suitable gloves
|Properties (Admixed)||2:1 Fast Hardener||2:1 Medium Hardener||2:1 Slow Hardener|
|Mix Ratio by Volume (Resin:Hardener)||2:1||2:1||2:1|
|Mix Ratio by Weight (Resin:Hardener)||100A:46B||100A:45B||100A:45B|
|Gel Time at 77°F (150g mass)||10 min.||25 min.||40 min.|
|Tack-Free Time at 77°F||2 hrs.||3 hrs.||5 hrs.|
|Full Cure at 77°F||2 days||3.5 days||5 days|
|Minimum Recommended Temperature||55°F||55°F||55°F|
|Tensile Strength||7,700 psi||8,000 psi||7,300 psi|
|Tensile Modulus||380,000 psi||390,000 psi||360,000 psi|
|Flexural Strength||11,600 psi||11,600 psi||10,200 psi|
|Flexural Modulus||330,000 psi||360,000 psi||330,000 psi|
|Compressive Strength||9,500 psi||9,900 psi||8,900 psi|
|Hardness, Shore D||84||83||83|
|Intended for Clear Coating Applications?||YES||YES||YES|
TotalBoat High Performance 2:1 Resin & Hardeners Technical Data
TotalBoat High Performance 2:1 Epoxy Resin Pumps Instructions
High Performance 2:1 Epoxy Resin SDS
2:1 Fast Hardener SDS
2:1 Medium Hardener SDS
2:1 Slow Hardener SDS