- In warmer temperatures (maximum 95°F), the 5:1 Epoxy Resin/Slow Hardener mixture remains workable longer, extending application time
- Cures to a moisture-resistant, high-strength, light amber finish when mixed with TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin
- Viscosity is preferred for ease in wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound, or adhesive when combined with 5:1 Epoxy Resin and various thickening agents
- Excellent thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating
- Easy to measure and mix using pre-calibrated 5:1 Epoxy Pumps (sold separately), or, if preferred, by weight or volume
- Compatibility: TotalBoat 5:1 hardeners can be used interchangeably with other traditional 5:1 marine epoxy systems
- Sizes: Size A 6 fl. oz., Size B 25 fl. oz., and Size C 127 fl. oz. Note: Hardener sizes correspond to sizes of TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin
Stays workable longer so you have more time to get the job done
TotalBoat 5:1 Slow Hardener buys you a little more working time in warmer temperatures that tend to reduce working time and speed cure time of epoxy resins. You get a little more time to apply it because it won’t kick as fast. To get started, measure the mix of epoxy resin and hardener precisely, which is easy to do–especially with the pre-calibrated 5:1 Epoxy Pumps (sold separately). Combine 5:1 Slow Hardener with 5:1 Epoxy Resin in a five-part resin to one-part hardener ratio. Then spend about two minutes mixing thoroughly. The epoxy resin/hardener mixture can be used for wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics, coating, and bonding. The cured result is exceptionally strong and very moisture resistant.
Note: Epoxy pumps may not be compatible between brands. If using TotalBoat 5:1 Fast Hardener with a different brand of traditional 5:1 marine epoxy resin, be sure to confirm accurate mixing ratios based on the exact quantity each pump will yield. For best results, use either the TotalBoat Epoxy Pumps in the resin and hardener or the other brand’s pumps.