- Improved 2.0 formula is easier to use and flows well from most standard caulk guns
- Wood-colored, thickened 2:1 epoxy adhesive adheres strongly to all types of wood
- Once cured, Thixo Wood 2.0 is 100% waterproof and can be sanded and painted
- For use above and below the waterline
- Ideal for wood boat restoration and construction
- Made with over 25% renewable materials
- Each cartridge comes with two static mixing tips that automatically blend the 2:1 resin to hardener mix, with no mess or guessing
- Trim mixing tips to achieve desired bead size
- For smaller jobs, push out desired amount and mix by hand. Save mixing tips for larger applications
- Thixo Wood cartridges fit most standard caulk guns. For best results, use an 8:1 ratio caulk gun due to product thickness.
- Color: Dark brown wood color
- Size: Available in an individual 185 ml cartridge (with 2 static mixing tips), or in a package of six cartridges (with 12 static mixing tips).
- Extra mixing tips are sold separately.
Same dark wood color—improved, easy-flowing formula
Thixo Wood 2.0 wood-colored thickened epoxy adhesive has a rich, dark brown finish that blends well with many different woods. While it was originally a special request by wooden boat builders and restoration experts, Thixo Wood 2.0 is excellent for nearly invisible repairs wherever gluing wood or filling gaps is required. From fixing damaged hatch boards to fine furniture repair, it’s found a wide range of uses beyond boat building. We’ve also improved the formula so it’s now even easier to dispense from a standard caulk gun—especially in cooler conditions.
- NOTE: Thixo cartridges have a slightly offset nozzle that fits most, but not all, caulk guns. Caulking applicators used with Thixo need to have a hole large enough for the mixing tip; cartridges won’t fit applicators with only a small hole for the nozzle.
- Application temperature: At or above 55°F for best results
- Gel time: 50 minutes @ 77°F
- Cure time: 24 hours (faster in warmer temperatures; slower in cooler temperatures)
- Surface prep solvent: Acetone or denatured alcohol or TotalBoat Eco Solvent
- Cleanup solvent: Acetone or denatured alcohol; cured material must be removed mechanically
A Thixo for every job, no matter what you need to bond, fill, fillet, or glue
Not all epoxies work the same. We’ve expanded the Thixo range to suit different applications. Each one is available as one cartridge with 2 static mixing tips, or in a package of 6 cartridges with 12 static mixing tips. Whether you’re a professional or DIYer, our innovative 2:1 epoxy system will provide great results, at a great price.
|Product||Description||For Use On||Application Examples|
||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Adhesive: Bulkheads, deck cleats, rub rails, gunwales, and seat bases; stitch and glue construction; scarf joints and chine log joints; fillets
Sealant: Seal plumbing, tanks, and hatches; seal end grain
Filler: Fill deck holes where hardware was removed, deck-hull seams, castings, welds, and voids
||Wood, fiberglass, brick, concrete, cement, glass, acrylic||Adhesive: Bond brick, concrete, cement, and composites. Great for filleting.
Sealant: Sidewalks, seams, steps, garage floors, and door frames
Filler: Seams, cracks, holes
Penetrating Epoxy: Laminating
|Thixo Fast Cure||
||Wood, metal, fiberglass, and more||For bonding and sealing applications. Not for use as a gap filler.|
||Epoxy adhesive for all types of wood||Stitch and glue bonding, scarf joints, butt joints, seams, fillets, filling holes and voids, sealing hulls and decks, surfboards, and furniture|
||Wood, fiberglass, metals, glass, ceramics, some plastics, and wet or difficult-to-bond hardwoods||For building and repairing wooden boats and bonding parts that are prone to flexing.|
|Thixo PRO||Original formula Thixo in a larger cartridge containing about 2½ times more epoxy||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Use for the same type of applications as Thixo. Thixo PRO gives you more adhesive for bigger jobs and more complicated installations.|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause female reproductive toxicity. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Thixo Wood and the original Thixo?
The formula of Thixo Wood Epoxy Adhesive is a little thicker than the original Thixo. Thixo Wood has a brown, natural wood tone, ideal for wood boat construction and restoration
What are its applications?
Thixo Wood can be used for stitch and glue bonding, scarf joints, butt joints, seams, fillets, filling holes and voids, sealing hulls and decks, surfboards, and furniture.
What can the Thixo Wood 2:1 Epoxy System be used on?
It adheres well to all types of wood for bonding and filleting.
Do I need a caulking gun to apply this?
Yes, you will need to use a caulking gun to apply this. Thickened Epoxies can be challenging to apply with a standard caulking gun in cooler conditions. We have reformulated Thixo Wood to make it easier to dispense, but the best results come from 18x or similar high-ratio caulking applicators.
Does it dry clear or does have a color?
This epoxy adhesive cures to a dark brown, wood color.
What is the working time?
The adhesive will gel in about 50 minutes at 77°F. Assemble and clamp parts in position before the adhesive begins to gel. Keep parts clamped until the adhesive is cured in about 24 hours. Cure time is faster at warmer temperatures and slower at cooler temperatures. For best results use this product at or above 55°F.
How should I properly store the resin?
Store at 60-90°F in a dry place. After use, reinstall the nose plug and retaining nut to store unused adhesive. Store products on a raised surface off the floor during cold weather and avoid storing near outside walls or doors.