- Lower viscosity, penetrating epoxy formula is great for gluing, laminating, and filleting
- Great all-around adhesive with numerous applications for filling cracks, holes, and seams
- Use on concrete, brick, glass, acrylic, foundation walls, steps, and sidewalks for sealing, bonding, and filling cracks
- Each cartridge comes with two static mixing tips that automatically blend the 2:1 resin to hardener mix, with no mess or guessing
- Mixing tips have grooves that can be trimmed to achieve the desired bead size
- For smaller jobs, dispense desired amount and mix by hand, instead of using mixing tips
- Thixo cartridges fit most standard caulk guns (sold separately)
- Color: Clear
- Size: Available in an individual 185 ml cartridge (with 2 static mixing tips), or in a package of six cartridges (with 12 static mixing tips).
- Extra mixing tips are sold separately
The most versatile epoxy adhesive available
Thixo LV might have the widest range of applications of any epoxy adhesive. It’s thin, low viscosity formula makes it easy to dispense, and you’ll find uses for it far beyond the boat. LV is great for masonry – use it on brick, concrete, and cement. Fill cracks, holes, and seams. It comes in a 185 ml cartridge that fits most standard caulking guns. Simply attach a mixing tip, trim tip to desired bead size, and squeeze the handle for no-mess bonds or repairs almost anywhere.
- Use a solvent like acetone or Bio-Solve to clean and prep materials before bonding
- Use lacquer thinner or denatured alcohol to smooth out work
- While Thixo LV can be used in cooler weather, it mixes better warm. To warm, place near heat source and warm slowly and consistently.
- Insert the cartridge into the caulking gun when ready to use
- NOTE: Thixo cartridges have a slightly offset nozzle that fits most, but not all, caulk guns. Caulking applicators used with Thixo need to have a hole large enough for the mixing tip; cartridges won’t fit applicators with only a small hole for the nozzle.
- Open the epoxy by removing collar and nozzle plug
- Apply in desired thickness to both prepared surfaces and bond firmly. Make sure Thixo LV stays on the contact surfaces and is not squeezed out/off
- Application temperature: At or above 55°F for best results
- Gel time: 10 minutes @ 77°F
- Cure time: 2 days @ 77°F
A Thixo for every job, no matter what you need to bond, fill, fillet, or glue
Not all epoxies work the same. We’ve expanded the Thixo range to suit different applications. Each one is available as one cartridge with 2 static mixing tips, or in a package of 6 cartridges with 12 static mixing tips. Whether you’re a professional or DIYer, our innovative 2:1 epoxy system will provide great results, at a great price.
|Product||Description||For Use On||Application Examples|
|Thixo||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Adhesive: Bulkheads, deck cleats, rub rails, gunwales, and seat bases; stitch and glue construction; scarf joints and chine log joints; fillets|
Sealant: Seal plumbing, tanks, and hatches; seal end grain
Filler: Fill deck holes where hardware was removed, deck-hull seams, castings, welds, and voids
|Thixo LV||Wood, fiberglass, brick, concrete, cement, glass, acrylic||Adhesive: Bond brick, concrete, cement, and composites. Great for filleting.|
Sealant: Sidewalks, seams, steps, garage floors, and door frames
Filler: Seams, cracks, holes
Penetrating Epoxy: Laminating
|Thixo Fast Cure||Wood, metal, fiberglass, and more||For bonding and sealing applications. Not for use as a gap filler.|
|Thixo Wood||All types of wood||Stitch and glue bonding, scarf joints, butt joints, seams, fillets, filling holes and voids, sealing hulls and decks, surfboards, and furniture|
|Thixo Flex||Wood, fiberglass, metals, glass, ceramics, some plastics, and wet or difficult-to-bond hardwoods||For building and repairing wooden boats and bonding parts that are prone to flexing.|
|Thixo PRO||Original formula Thixo in a larger cartridge containing about 2½ times more epoxy||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Use for the same type of applications as Thixo. Thixo PRO gives you more adhesive for bigger jobs and more complicated installations.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What applications are Thixo Low Viscosity epoxy most appropriate for?
Thixo Low Viscosity epoxy is great for laminating, filleting, and gluing. Its thin, lower viscosity formula is ideal for use as a general-purpose adhesive or a sealant with numerous applications for filling cracks, holes, and seams. It can be used on concrete, brick, glass, acrylic, foundation walls, steps, and sidewalks for sealing, bonding, and filling cracks.
Do I need a special caulk gun to dispense Thixo LV?
No special caulk gun is needed. Thixo cartridges fit most standard caulk guns. In cooler weather, you may find warming Thixo cartridges above room temperature makes it easier to dispense. Note that it is for use in manual caulking guns only.
What should I know before using Thixo LV?
Apply Thixo LV at or above 55°F for the best results. Use a solvent like acetone or Bio-Solve to clean and prep materials before bonding, and a lacquer thinner or denatured alcohol to smooth out work. While Thixo LV can be used in cooler weather, it mixes better warm. Apply in desired thickness to both prepared surfaces and bond firmly. Make sure Thixo LV stays on the contact surfaces and is not squeezed out/off. For detailed specifications, refer to our technical data sheet.
What is the consistency of this epoxy?
While it is accurately described as a thin, low viscosity adhesive, Thixo LV is still epoxy, meaning it’s consistency is closer to maple syrup than water. It does seep and flow well, making it useful for small cracks and tight spaces.
Does Thixo LV epoxy dry clear, or does it have a color?
Thixo LV epoxy will dry close clear.
How long does Thixo LV epoxy take to cure?
The gel time is about 10 minutes at 77°F, and it will be fully cured in about 2 days at 77°F. Cooler temperatures increase time required for full cure.