- Affordable single-season fouling protection for boats in fresh or salt water
- Durable finish withstands beaching and trailering better than traditional ablative bottom paints
- Ablative paint continuously exposes a fresh layer of biocide as paint wears away gradually
- For use on wood, fiberglass, steel, iron and most previously painted boat bottoms in good condition
- Colors: Black, Blue, and Red
- Size: Gallon
- Each order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, an abrasive pad, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
Economical and effective antifouling protection
Underdog releases its 24% copper content at a controlled rate to keep heavy soft growth, slime, algae, and grasses at bay for a full season. It’s an unheard-of value in the world of bottom paints.
Easy to apply – even over existing paint
A sanded, cleaned surface in good condition is all Underdog needs; it doesn’t matter if it’s going over last year’s paint. Just stir, pour, and apply by brushing, rolling, or spraying. Underdog has great coverage characteristics, and adheres extremely well to fiberglass and wood.
Resists abrasion from trailering, beaching, and light scrubbing
Underdog’s ability to thwart barnacles and slime works best on boats that see frequent use, and its durable, ablative finish stands up well to trailering.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR UNDERDOG
The TotalBoat Underdog paint you receive will have one of two EPA numbers. All Underdog paints have the same effective formula, and similar colors, but depending on the EPA number, will use different thinners and solvents. Look on the can label to find the EPA number, then refer to the Technical Data Sheet below that matches the number on your can.
The specifications below are for cans with EPA number 60061-132-89049. If the EPA number on your can is 9339-20-89049, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet for that number. For best results, please follow all instructions on the paint can label, and refer to the technical data sheet that corresponds to the EPA Number on the label.
Specifications for Cans with EPA Number 60061-132-89049 on the label:
- Cuprous oxide: 24%
- Application: Brush, roll (3/16″ nap or foam solvent-safe roller cover is recommended), or spray (airless or conventional)
- Thinning: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100
- Surface prep solvents: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100, TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Primer (for bare fiberglass and bare steel): TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat and Primer
- Number of coats: 2
- Dry time to overcoat: 1.5 hours @ 90°F, 3 hours @ 70°F, 6 hours @ 50°F
- Dry time to launch: 6 hours @ 90°F, 10 hours @ 70°F, 16 hours @ 50°F
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Do not use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat AlumiPaint AF and TotalBoat Outdrive AF.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Krypton Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 60061-132-89049 on the label
TotalBoat Underdog Technical Data for Cans with EPA Number 60061-132-89049
Underdog Red SDS for EPA No. 60061-132-89049
Underdog Blue for EPA NO. 60061-132-89049
TotalBoat Underdog SDS for EPA NO. 60061-132-89049
Krypton Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 9339-20-89049 on the label
TotalBoat Underdog Technical Data for Cans with EPA Number 9339-20-89049
Underdog Red SDS EPA No. 9339-20-89049
Underdog Blue SDS EPA No. 9339-20-89049
Underdog Black SDS EPA No. 9339-20-89049