- Affordable single-season fouling protection for boats in fresh or salt water
- For use on wood, fiberglass, primed steel, and most previously painted boat bottoms in good condition
- Colors: Choose from Black, Blue, and Red
- Size: Gallon
- Each order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, an abrasive pad, a pair of latex gloves, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
Economical and effective antifouling protection
Underdog releases its 24% copper content at a controlled rate to keep heavy soft growth, slime, algae, and grasses at bay for a full season. It’s an unheard-of value in the world of bottom paints.
Easy to apply over existing paint. Dries fast.
A sanded, cleaned surface in good condition is all Underdog needs; it doesn’t matter if it’s going over last year’s paint. Just stir, pour, and paint with a brush or roller. It has great coverage characteristics, and adheres extremely well to fiberglass and wood. Depending on the temperature, Underdog can be dry to overcoat in as little as an hour, letting you can finish faster and launch the same weekend.
Resists abrasion from trailering and light scrubbing
Underdog’s ability to thwart barnacles and slime works best on boats that see frequent use, and its durable, ablative finish stands up well to trailering. If your boat does sit stagnant after painting, Underdog’s antifouling abilities are easily reactivated with a light Scotch-Brite™ scrub down.
- Cuprous oxide: 24%
- Application: Brush or roll (3/8″ nap roller cover recommended)
- Thinning: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Number of coats: 1-2
- Dry to overcoat: 1-4 hours
- Dry to launch: 12-24 hours
- One gallon covers 400 ft2
- Do not use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat Krypton copper-free bottom paint, TotalBoat AlumiPaint AF, and TotalBoat Outdrive AF.