- Using Tropical Hardener with 5:1 Epoxy Resin in extremely warm or humid conditions results in a resin/hardener mixture that remains workable longer
- Using Tropical Extra Slow hardener provides approximately twice the working time of TotalBoat Slow Hardener
- Cures to a moisture-resistant, high-strength, light amber finish when mixed with TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin
- Viscosity is preferred for ease in wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound, or adhesive when combined with 5:1 Epoxy Resin and various thickening agents
- Excellent thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating
- Provides good moisture resistance for barrier coating and bonding applications
- Easy to measure and mix using the included pre-calibrated pump, or, if preferred, by weight or volume
- Sizes: Size A 10 fl. oz., Size B 42.3 fl. oz.
- Each hardener order includes one 3:1 hardener pump calibrated to the proper ratio of one pump of TotalBoat traditional epoxy resin to one pump of Tropical Hardener, pump instructions, one pair of large latex gloves, and mixing sticks.
- Note: Hardener sizes correspond to group sizes of TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin. The hardener container does not come filled to the top. It contains the calibrated amount of product to work in conjunction with the same size resin container.
- Safety information: Work in a well-ventilated area and wear protective eyewear, protective clothing, and suitable gloves
- Note: Not intended for clear coating applications.
Extend working time in warmer temperatures
TotalBoat Tropical Hardener is ideal if you need more working time at room temperature in very warm, humid conditions at or above 70°F. It’s easy to measure the right mix, especially with the included pre-calibrated pump. Combine Tropical Hardener with our Traditional Epoxy Resin, then mix thoroughly for about two minutes before use. Great for wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics, coating, and bonding. Cures to a high-strength, moisture-resistant solid.
- Mix ratio by volume: 3A to 1B (3 parts TotalBoat Traditional 5:1 Epoxy Resin to 1 part TotalBoat Tropical Hardener)
- Mix ratio by weight: 100A (Resin) to 28B (Tropical Hardener)
- Application temperature: At or above 70°F
- Minimum recommended temperature: 70°F
- Pot life @75°F: 46 minutes
- Set time at @75°F: 20-24 hours
- Cure time at @75°F: 4-7 days
- Color: Cures to a light amber color. Not intended for clear coating applications. For clear coating applications, use TotalBoat Crystal Clear Hardener.
- Important note: When using the pumps to measure resin and hardener, ONE PUMP of TotalBoat Epoxy Resin is calibrated to mix with ONE PUMP of TotalBoat Tropical Hardener. Prime this pump by pumping until a steady flow of hardener comes out. DO NOT USE THIS PUMP WITH ANY OTHER HARDENERS. If needed, a replacement 3:1 Hardener Pump is available.