- Gives you twice as much working time at room temperature, compared to our Slow Epoxy Kits
- Provides extra long pot life and working time in normal conditions
- Ensures adequate working time in extremely warm, humid conditions
- Ideal for bonding, layup, laminating, and coating applications
- Viscosity wets out fiberglass and other composite fabrics easily
- Provides smooth flow-out & self-leveling perfect for coating and laminating
- Provides good moisture resistance for bonding and barrier coating applications
- Creates a durable base for varnishes and paints
- Combined with thickeners, creates a strong adhesive or filleting/fairing compound
- Use on prepared wood, fiberglass, reinforcement fabrics, bare steel, etched aluminum, and lead
- Convenient kits contain resin, hardener, & items needed for precise measuring & mixing
- Easy to measure using the color-coded, calibrated pumps that match the resin cap (white) or hardener cap (black)
- Mixed color: Clear amber (Traditional Epoxy Resin is clear, Tropical Hardener is light amber)
- System Sizes: Group Size A is the Quart Kit; Group Size B is the Gallon Kit
- Each Kit includes: Calibrated resin and hardener pumps that can be trimmed to size easily (if needed), pump instructions, 2 plastic mixing cups, and 2 10″ wooden stir sticks
- Due to the COVID-19 emergency, we are temporarily out of 3:1 epoxy pumps. Until further notice, Tropical Epoxy Kits will not include calibrated pumps.
- IMPORTANT: This product cures to a clear amber color, so it is not intended for clear coating applications. For an ultra-clear, non-blushing epoxy we recommend TotalBoat High Performance Epoxy Kits.
|Group Size||Traditional Epoxy Resin Quantity||Tropical Hardener Quantity|
|Group Size A (Quart Kit)||30 fl. oz.||10 fl. oz.|
|Group Size B (Gallon Kit)||127 fl. oz.||42.3 fl. oz.|
Extra long pot life and working time give you more time to do the job right
TotalBoat Tropical Epoxy Kits give you more time to work before the resin kicks, which is great when you’re coating large areas, covering a lot of joints, or assembling parts and need more time than a regular or slow cure rate epoxy provides. In fact, TotalBoat Tropical Kits give you twice the working time (46 minutes) at room temperature as our TotalBoat Slow Epoxy Kits (20 minutes).
So whether you’re completing larger, more intricate repairs, doing a deck job, glassing a hull, or need more time to prepare a T-Top hardtop for vacuum bagging, our extra slow cure TotalBoat Tropical Epoxy Kits offer the most desired working properties in normal to very warm temperatures, without heating up or tacking up on you.
Convenient kits have everything you need
There’s enough resin and hardener in our convenient kits to make large-scale projects easier. You get our Traditional Epoxy Resin and extra slow Tropical Hardener, plus a set of calibrated pumps to dispense the resin and hardener in the precise ratio of resin to hardener, two stir sticks, and two mixing pots.
Three easy ways to measure
- By Pumps: Use the TotalBoat Resin & Hardener Pumps: white for the resin and black for the hardener; one pump of resin and one pump of hardener. These user-friendly, color-coded pumps meter the resin and hardener in the proper proportions. All you have to do is apply one full stroke of the hardener pump for every one full stroke of the resin pump. This ratio is preset and is required for a proper cure.
- By Volume: Measure THREE parts TotalBoat Traditional Epoxy Resin to ONE part TotalBoat Tropical Hardener
- By Weight: Measure 100A:28B
After measuring, stir well for about two minutes to combine thoroughly, before adding fillers or applying.
- Application: Brush, roller, or syringe; can also be poured and spread with an epoxy spreader
- Application temperature, RH: 70-105°F, 0-90% RH
- Pot life @ 75°F (150g mass, minimum): 46 minutes
- Work life @ 75°F (thin film): 3-4 hours
- Set time @ 75°F (thin film): 20-24 hours
- Cure time @ 75°F (thin film): 4-7 days
- UV stable: No. This product has some UV resistance, but is not designed as a finishing material.
Important Safety Information
Always wear protective clothing and equipment to protect your eyes, skin, and lungs when working with TotalBoat Traditional Epoxy Resin and Hardeners. Personal protective clothing should include appropriate gloves, safety glasses or goggles, a proper respirator, and a proper apron or similar protective clothing.