- Finishing compound used after rubbing compound
- Restores the original gelcoat color and leaves the surface polished to a high shine
- Removes fine sanding scratches & swirl marks. Works well on faded or neglected gelcoat.
- Easy to apply to the surface by hand, then remove with a variable speed buffer/polisher and a high-quality wool compounding pad
- Contains no wax or silicone; use before waxing
- An excellent pre-wax treatment
- Size: 16 fl. oz pint
Time to bring back the shine
TotalShine’s fine cut abrasive polishing agent removes swirls and fine scratches. For badly neglected gelcoat or paint, you should first use a more aggressive compound like TotalBuff. On newer boats or those with only light oxidation, you can often skip the rubbing compound. Totalshine produces a high-gloss wet look finish when used with a polisher and good wool polishing pads. Because this is a pure polishing compound, it contains no wax or silicone. Follow up with a good wax and you are ready to hit the water.
The TotalBoat 3-Step Polishing System
We’ve developed the same type of multi-step system professional boatyards use. TotalShine is step two in our 3-step system, preceded by TotalBuff to remove heavy oxidation, and followed by TotalBoat Premium Boat Wax last for extended protection (both sold separately).
|1. Compounding||TotalBuff||Removes heavy oxidation and scratches; restores color.|
|2. Finishing||TotalShine||Further restores color; provides a glazed, high-gloss finish.|
|3. Waxing||Premium Boat Wax||Deepens the shine and provides extended protection against UV radiation, oxidation, dirt, and salt.|