- Powerful marine rubbing compound greatly improves the appearance of heavily oxidized gelcoat, restoring original hull color
- Removes 600/800 wet sanding scratches
- Easy to apply by hand, then buff using a variable speed buffer and a high-quality wool compounding pad
- Can be used on gelcoat and previously painted surfaces
- Step 1 of the 3 step TotalBoat polishing system
- Size: Quart
Bringing faded fiberglass finishes back to life
When fiberglass gelcoat acquires a chalky, badly faded appearance, it is due to a combination of exposure and a lack of finish maintenance. All-in-one treatments that promise to clean, polish, and wax in a single step are simply no match for heavy oxidation. At best, you’ll have spent as much time and energy for marginal results. Pair TotalBuff with an electric buffer and the right wool buffing pad to remove heavy oxidation and bring back your boat’s original hull color. Follow up with TotalShine finishing material to polish, and finish the job with TotalBoat Boat Wax.
The TotalBoat 3-Step Polishing System
We’ve developed the same type of multi-step system professional boatyards use. TotalBuff is the first step in our 3-step system. This heavy duty rubbing compound brings back the original color by removing heavy oxidation. Apply with a polisher and wool buffing pad for optimal results. Follow with TotalShine for maximum gloss, and then TotalBoat Wax for extended protection (both sold separately).
|1. Compounding||TotalBuff||Removes heavy oxidation and scratches; restores color.|
|2. Finishing||TotalShine||Further restores color; provides a glazed, high-gloss finish.|
|3. Waxing||Premium Boat Wax||Deepens the shine and provides extended protection against UV radiation, oxidation, dirt, and salt.|