- Work neatly and efficiently when gluing, bonding, filleting, tabbing, and filling gaps
- Bonds strongly to wood, fiberglass, and properly prepared metals, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more
- Pulls nicely into fillets, clings to vertical and horizontal surfaces without sagging
- Cured epoxy can be painted, drilled, sawed, machined, sanded, tapped, or filed
- For use above and below the waterline
- Working time of 50 minutes @ 77°F allows sufficient time for completing larger projects
- Smoother application and longer shelf life than other 2:1 epoxy adhesive products
- Each cartridge comes with two static mixing tips that automatically blend the 2:1 resin to hardener mix, with no mess or guessing
- Trim mixing tips to achieve desired bead size
- Thixo PRO cartridges fit the Thixo PRO 2:1 caulk gun (sold separately)
- Size: Available in an individual 450 ml cartridge (with 2 static mixing tips), or in a package of six 450 ml cartridges (with 12 static mixing tips)
- Extra mixing tips are sold separately
As requested by Thixo customers
The drawback to the standard 10 ounce / 185 ml cartridge size is there’s only so much adhesive you can cram in a tube. Major boat building, repair, and restoration jobs go through a lot of epoxy. In fact, when we first sought feedback from Thixo customers, the most frequently heard comment was “I wish this was available in a larger size.” Now it is. More of the original Thixo 2:1 epoxy adhesive in a larger cartridge makes PRO ideal for bigger jobs. More adhesive means less time spent changing cartridges, less waste, and money saved.
- Appearance: Translucent
- Application temperature: At or above 55°F for best results
- Gel time: 30-35 minutes @ 77°F
- Cure time: 24 hours (faster in warmer temperatures; slower in cooler temperatures)
- Thixo PRO cartridges are intended for the special Thixo PRO dispenser, and do not fit standard caulk guns
A Thixo for every job, no matter what you need to bond, fill, fillet, or glue
Not all epoxies work the same. We’ve expanded the Thixo range to suit different applications. Each one is available as one cartridge with 2 static mixing tips, or in a package of 6 cartridges with 12 static mixing tips. Whether you’re a professional or DIYer, our innovative 2:1 epoxy system will provide great results, at a great price.
|Product||Description||For Use On||Application Examples|
||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Adhesive: Bulkheads, deck cleats, rub rails, gunwales, and seat bases; stitch and glue construction; scarf joints and chine log joints; fillets
Sealant: Seal plumbing, tanks, and hatches; seal end grain
Filler: Fill deck holes where hardware was removed, deck-hull seams, castings, welds, and voids
||Wood, fiberglass, brick, concrete, cement, glass, acrylic||Adhesive: Bond brick, concrete, cement, and composites. Great for filleting.
Sealant: Sidewalks, seams, steps, garage floors, and door frames
Filler: Seams, cracks, holes
Penetrating Epoxy: Laminating
|Thixo Fast Cure||
||Wood, metal, fiberglass, and more||For bonding and sealing applications. Not for use as a gap filler.|
||All types of wood||Stitch and glue bonding, scarf joints, butt joints, seams, fillets, filling holes and voids, sealing hulls and decks, surfboards, and furniture|
||Wood, fiberglass, metals, glass, ceramics, some plastics, and wet or difficult-to-bond hardwoods||For building and repairing wooden boats and bonding parts that are prone to flexing.|
|Thixo PRO||Original formula Thixo in a larger cartridge containing about 2½ times more epoxy||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Use for the same type of applications as Thixo. Thixo PRO gives you more adhesive for bigger jobs and more complicated installations.|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause female reproductive toxicity. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
TotalBoat Thixo Technical Data
Thixo PRO Part A Epoxy Resin SDS
Thixo PRO Part B Hardener SDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between standard Thixo epoxy adhesive and Thixo Pro?
Thixo Pro uses the original formula of Thixo, but comes in a larger cartridge that contains about 2.5 times more epoxy.
What applications are Thixo Pro most appropriate for?
Thixo Pro is ideal for projects that require larger amounts of epoxy adhesive! More of the original Thixo 2:1 epoxy adhesive in a larger cartridge makes Thixo Pro ideal for bigger jobs. It bonds strongly to wood, fiberglass, and properly prepared metals, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, and stone. Pro is most often used by boat builders for stitch and glue construction, deck and floor replacement, scart joints, chine log joints, and fillets.
Do I need a special caulk gun to dispense Thixo Pro epoxy?
Yes. Thixo Pro cartridges are significantly larger, with a different appearance than regular adhesive cartridges. They intended for the special Thixo PRO dispenser and do not fit standard caulk guns.
Can the mixing tips be reused?
Yes, you must use a new tip for each use. Each cartridge comes equipped with two static mixing tips to ensure accurate mix ratio upon application. Additional Thixo mixing tips can be found here.
What surface prep should be done before using Thixo Pro?
Surfaces should be clean, dry, and sanded before application to remove dirt, dust, grease, loose paint, oils, or other contaminants. For more information, refer to our instructions here.
What is the working time?
The working time of Thixo Pro is about 50 minutes at 77°F, which allows sufficient time for completing larger projects. The adhesive will gel in about 30 minutes at 77°F. Cure time is faster at warmer temperatures and slower at cooler temperatures.
What is the shelf life of Thixo Pro after the cartridge has been opened?
Typically, this epoxy has a 12-month shelf life. We recommend testing old product before using. Shelf life may be impacted by improper storage.
How should I store Thixo when not in use?
Store at 60-90°F in a dry place. Store on a raised surface off the floor during cold weather and avoid storing near outside walls or doors.