- Pre-thickened, two-part epoxy adhesive cures to a flexible solid that forms permanent structural bonds
- High-strength bonds hold firmly when subjected to stresses from contraction, expansion, vibration, and shock
- Sag-resistant, easy to spread epoxy is automatically measured, mixed, and dispensed through the included static mixing tip so it’s easy to get the exact ratio and a perfect cure
- Works on wood, fiberglass, metals, glass, ceramics, and some plastics
- Also bonds firmly to domestic and tropical hardwoods that are oily and typically hard to glue
- Ideal for use in building wooden boats such as kayaks and canoes, and for bonding parts that are prone to flexing
- Can be applied to dry, damp, or wet surfaces surfaces
- Long working time and easy cleanup
- Cured epoxy is waterproof, and can be sanded and painted
- Use above or below the waterline
- In addition to boat building and repair, you’ll find dozens of uses for fixing broken household items, sports equipment, and much more!
- Versatile enough to use on boats, RVs, motorcycle fenders, athletic equipment, and household items
- Size: Available in a 250 ml. cartridge that fits most standard caulk guns (sold separately). Includes 2 static mixing tips.
An epoxy adhesive that stays flexible and copes with stress
It’s always a challenge to choose the right glue that will stick stuff together and keep it that way in watery, windy, wavy marine conditions. Especially when the stuff you’re sticking together doesn’t hold still and moves continually due to temperature and humidity fluctuations, flexing, and vibration.
TotalBoat Thixo Flex is a thickened, flexible epoxy adhesive that cures fairly quickly to form permanent structural bonds resilient enough to flex and hold strongly when subjected to the expansion, contraction, vibration, and shock stresses that can affect boats and boat parts. For this reason, Thixo Flex is the perfect adhesive for building and repairing wooden boats.
Sticks to a lot of different things, even when they’re damp or just plain difficult
Sorting through the multitude of adhesive products is enough to make you come unglued. Some work only on wood, others are better for bonding plastics. Thixo Flex can bond several different types of materials, as long as they’re prepared properly. Besides wood—even oily hardwoods like teak that are typically difficult to glue—Thixo Flex bonds fiberglass, aluminum and other metals, glass and ceramics, and most plastics, including ABS, PVC, HDPE, LDPE, and polycarbonate. Considering all the materials that make up a boat and its parts, Thixo Flex is the one adhesive that no complete marine toolkit should be without.
No mixing needed, and easier to use than other thickened 2-part flexible epoxies
Some two-part pre-thickened flexible epoxy adhesives come with the resin and hardener in separate tubes. You have to squeeze out the right amount of each, mix thoroughly by hand, and hope for good results. Thixo Flex has the resin and hardener inside a single cartridge that fits any standard caulking gun (sold separately). Just twist a static mixing tip—two are included—onto the cartridge, insert the cartridge into the caulking gun, and squeeze the handle. There’s no measuring. No mixing. No mess. Just point and pull the trigger to dispense a bead of adhesive measured to the exact ratio of 1 part resin to 1 part hardener and mixed thoroughly to get the perfect, reliable cure for gluing every job. Every time.
Much more than a marine adhesive
Because of all the different types of materials Thixo Flex can glue, just think of all the things it can help you build, restore, or fix. Birdhouses, dog sleds, bathtubs, carousel horses, bicycle frames, furniture, hockey sticks—and the list goes on. With Thixo Flex, you’re limited only by your imagination (and its physical properties, of course).
- Minumum application temperature: 40°F
- Mix ratio by volume: 1 part resin to 1 part hardener
- Gel time @ 72°F: 40 minutes
- Recommended application thickness: Avoid exceeding 1/2″ material thickness
- Working time (thin film): 75 minutes @ 72°F
- Sandable: 7-10 hours @ 72°F
- Cure time for high loads: 24 hours @ 72°F
- Tensile strength: 5,330 psi
- Compressive strength: 7,200 psi
- Flexural strength: 8,800 psi
- Color: Buff
- Safety information: Avoid inhalation of vapors and ensure ventilation is adequate. Wear gloves and protective eyewear to keep mixed epoxy off of your skin and out of your eyes.
A Thixo for every job, no matter what you need to bond, fill, fillet, or glue
Not all epoxies work the same. We’ve expanded the Thixo range to suit different applications. Each one is available as one cartridge with 2 static mixing tips, or in a package of 6 cartridges with 12 static mixing tips. Whether you’re a professional or DIYer, our innovative 2:1 epoxy system will provide great results, at a great price.
|Product||Description||For Use On||Application Examples|
||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Adhesive: Bulkheads, deck cleats, rub rails, gunwales, and seat bases; stitch and glue construction; scarf joints and chine log joints; fillets
Sealant: Seal plumbing, tanks, and hatches; seal end grain
Filler: Fill deck holes where hardware was removed, deck-hull seams, castings, welds, and voids
||Wood, fiberglass, brick, concrete, cement, glass, acrylic||Adhesive: Bond brick, concrete, cement, and composites. Great for filleting.
Sealant: Sidewalks, seams, steps, garage floors, and door frames
Filler: Seams, cracks, holes
Penetrating Epoxy: Laminating
|Thixo Fast Cure||
||Wood, metal, fiberglass, and more||For bonding and sealing applications. Not for use as a gap filler.|
||All types of wood||Stitch and glue bonding, scarf joints, butt joints, seams, fillets, filling holes and voids, sealing hulls and decks, surfboards, and furniture|
||Wood, fiberglass, metals, glass, ceramics, some plastics, and wet or difficult-to-bond hardwoods||For building and repairing wooden boats and bonding parts that are prone to flexing.|
|Thixo PRO||Original formula Thixo in a larger cartridge containing about 2½ times more epoxy||Wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, block, brick, concrete, glass, slate, tile, stone, and more||Use for the same type of applications as Thixo. Thixo PRO gives you more adhesive for bigger jobs and more complicated installations.|