- Polyester resin cures to a hard, non-tacky finish that can be sanded, painted, or gelcoated
- Apply over fiberglass, wood, and metal
- Easy to mix and apply, and sets up well
- Medium viscosity prevents sagging on vertical surfaces
- Contains wax to allow it to cure properly
- Application: Brush or plastic spreader
- Product Color: Blue
- Cured Color: Clear
- Hardener: MEKP (methyl ethyl ketone peroxide), included
- Sizes: Available in Quart and Gallon Kits, and a 5-Gallon size (resin and MEKP only)
- Each Kit order includes: 1 QT size plastic mixing pot, 1 10" wooden stir stick, and 1 pair of large, powder-free latex gloves.
Finishing resin for building and repairs
Because it contains wax, TotalBoat Polyester Finishing Resin is typically used for one-coat glasswork or as a final, tack-free, sealer coat over tacky polyester laminating resin coats. It cures clear and hard to resist scratches and staining. Wet sand and buff to a glossy finish, or sand, paint, or gelcoat over. Also known as marine fiberglass resin, polyester finishing resin can also be used for any layer in a laminate that needs to be sanded.
Gel time depends on amount of hardener admixed
The following table indicates approximate gel times @ 70°F. Adjust the hardener level to slow down or speed up gel time. Cooler temperatures may require a higher percentage of hardener than warmer temperature conditions.
|Slow Gel Time||Medium Gel Time||Fast Gel Time|
|20 minutes or more||15-20 minutes||10 minutes|
|1 teaspoon of hardener per quart of laminating resin||2 teaspoons of hardener per quart of laminating resin||3 teaspoons of hardener per quart of laminating resin|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
TotalBoat Polyester Finishing Resin Technical Data
Polyester Finishing Resin SDS