- Polyester resin cures to a hard, non-tacky finish that can be sanded, painted, or gelcoated
- Apply over fiberglass, wood, and metal
- Easy to mix and apply, and sets up well
- Medium viscosity prevents sagging on vertical surfaces
- Contains wax to allow it to cure properly
- Application: Brush or plastic spreader
- Product Color: Blue
- Cured Color: Clear
- Hardener: MEKP (methyl ethyl ketone peroxide), included
- Sizes: Available in Quart and Gallon Kits, and a 5-Gallon size (resin and MEKP only)
- Each Kit order includes: 1 QT size plastic mixing pot, 1 10" wooden stir stick, 1 pr. of large latex gloves, and 2 plastic pipettes for transferring the MEKP hardener to the mixing pot.
Finishing resin for building and repairs
Because it contains wax, TotalBoat Polyester Finishing Resin is typically used for one-coat glasswork or as a final, tack-free, sealer coat over tacky polyester laminating resin coats. It cures clear and hard to resist scratches and staining. Wet sand and buff to a glossy finish, or sand, paint, or gelcoat over. Also known as marine fiberglass resin, polyester finishing resin can also be used for any layer in a laminate that needs to be sanded.
Gel time depends on amount of hardener admixed
The following table indicates approximate gel times @ 70°F. Adjust the hardener level to slow down or speed up gel time. Cooler temperatures may require a higher percentage of hardener than warmer temperature conditions.
|Slow Gel Time||Medium Gel Time||Fast Gel Time|
|20 minutes or more||15-20 minutes||10 minutes|
|1 teaspoon of hardener per quart of laminating resin||2 teaspoons of hardener per quart of laminating resin||3 teaspoons of hardener per quart of laminating resin|