- Clear low viscosity epoxy penetrates and seals
- Restores rotted or damaged wood by creating a solid, flexible, mechanically sound bond
- Easy to use formula seals new, porous wood to prevent rot
- Resists humidity, mold, mildew, and salt
- Can be hot-coated to itself without sanding between coats
- Once cured, sanded lightly, then you can prime, paint, or varnish over it
- Cured epoxy improves adhesion of paint and varnish, extending service life
- Penetrates more deeply and cures to a softer, more flexible material than 5:1 epoxy resins
- Common paint solvents such as acetone may be added to increase wood saturation depth
- Has no VOCs or harsh odor
- Apply to new, damaged, or rotted wood
- Available in two formulas: Regular (65-90°F) and Cold Weather (40-65°F)
- Sizes: Available in Pint, Quart, Half-Gallon, and Gallon Kit sizes. All kits include resin and hardener.
- Each order includes: 2 stir sticks, 2 quart-size paint pots, and a pair of latex gloves
- NOTE: Measure the precise 2:1 ratio with the calibrated TotalBoat 2:1 Epoxy Pumps (sold separately), or manually by weight or volume
|Size||Penetrating Epoxy Resin (A) Quantity||Hardener (B) Quantity||Total Mixed Quantity|
|Pint Kit||1 Pint||.5 Pint||1.5 Pints|
|Quart Kit||1 Quart||1 Pint||1.5 Quarts|
|Half-Gallon Kit||1/2 Gallon||1 Quart||3/4 Gallon|
|Gallon Kit||1 Gallon||1/2 Gallon||1.5 Gallons|
High-solids, low-viscosity, no-odor formula seals and protects new wood
TotalBoat Penetrating Epoxy is designed to sink in deeper and cure stronger than other epoxies, without the odor or harmful VOCs. At a 2:1 instead of 1:1 mix, it’s only slightly thicker than other penetrating sealers, but that’s a good thing. Low viscosity and 100% solids formula means more material to fill the grain, seal the wood more completely, and provide extended protection against rot-causing moisture. And, because there are no harmful VOCs, there’s no toxic odor.
Stop active rot, strengthen wood, and prevent further deterioration beneath the surface
Our penetrating epoxy works from the inside out to saturate rotted wood deeply. It penetrates both the porous, rotted areas, and the surrounding, healthy wood. As it cures, it effectively bonds the rotted wood and the sound wood to restore structural integrity. Since it’s hard to know exactly where the rotted and the healthy wood meet, especially in cases of extreme rot, drill a series of holes into the decayed wood and inject Penetrating Epoxy to start the restoration process. It sinks deeply into dry, punky wood and strengthens it.
Make topcoats stick better and last longer
The longer an epoxy takes to go off, the deeper into wood it will seep. TotalBoat Penetrating Epoxy cures slightly slower in order to create a hard, waterproof surface that not only prevents rot, but provides a stable coating for varnish, primer, or paint to adhere to more tenaciously. Since it sticks better, it’ll stay stronger longer to keep UV-resistant topcoats from failing. The longer cure time is definitely worth the longer-lasting protection and the time and money you saved preserving existing wood.
Different formulas for different temperature ranges
For temperatures from 40-65°F, use TotalBoat Cold Weather Penetrating Epoxy. When temperatures are 65-90°F, use TotalBoat Penetrating Epoxy. Each formula provides excellent coverage and cure.
- Mix ratio by volume: 2 parts Penetrating Epoxy Resin (Part A) to 1 part Hardener (Part B)
- Application: Brush, roller, syringe, or epoxy spreader
- Application @ 40°F: Pot life is 40 minutes, full cure takes 4 days
- Application @ 80°F: Pot life is 20 minutes, full cure takes 2 days
- Color: Clear
- The wood must be bare and unfinished. TotalBoat Penetrating Epoxy will not penetrate and level well when applied over some stains. Always test an area first. DO NOT USE on top of Minwax oil-based stains.
- TotalBoat Cold Weather Penetrating Epoxy should not be used as a fast-cure epoxy in warmer temperature conditions because doing so can be unsafe and result in premature exotherm, improper cure, and brittleness.
TotalBoat Penetrating Epoxy Technical Data
TotalBoat Cold Weather Penetrating Epoxy Technical Data
TotalBoat 2:1 Penetrating Epoxy Resin Pumps Instructions
Penetrating Epoxy Resin Part A SDS
Penetrating Epoxy Hardener Part B SDS
Cold Weather Penetrating Epoxy Resin Part A SDS
Cold Weather Penetrating Epoxy Hardener Part B SDS