- High-solids, eco-friendly copper-free formula provides outstanding single-season protection against slime and hard marine growth.
- Easy to apply by brushing, rolling, or spraying.
- For properly prepared fiberglass, wood, primed steel, aluminum, iron, and most previously painted surfaces in good condition, including over copper-based paint.
- Krypton may be used on properly prepared aluminum hulls and underwater metals. Copper-free formula won’t contribute to galvanic corrosion.
- Available in bright colors not found in traditional copper-based bottom paints. Excellent color consistency and stability.
- After application, there is no maximum dry time to launch.
- Haul and relaunch during the season, without repainting.
- Colors: In quarts, available in Black, White, and Blue; in gallons, available in Black, White, Blue, Red, and Green.
- Each gallon order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks.
- Each quart order includes 1 abrasive pad, and a 10″ stir stick.
High performance, copper-free, and safer for marine ecosystems
Krypton’s potent, copper-free, biodegradable biocide has cuprous oxide bottom paint’s power to defeat and shed bottom-hugging barnacles and zebra mussels bent on destruction – but it does so without harming the environment. For complete fouling protection, Krypton also contains a zinc biocide that effectively deters formation of algae and slime at and under your waterline. Your bottom stays cleaner, as do the waters beneath it. No foul, no harm.
Compatible with aluminum and underwater metals
Because there’s no copper in Krypton, it’s great for coating aluminum hulls and underwater metals like props and outdrives, without inducing galvanic corrosion. No copper also means a Krypton bottom coating weighs less and creates less work for the engine, so you shell out less for fuel.
Durable, stable, and colorful
There’s even more to like about Krypton aside from great antifouling protection. Tired of flat, lifeless-looking bottom paint? Krypton contains no copper so its five available colors are brighter, cleaner, and longer-lasting. If your boat sits idle for a period of time, unlike other antifoulings, Krypton doesn’t require scuffing to reactivate the antifouling agent before splashing the boat.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
The Krypton you receive will have one of two EPA numbers. All Krypton paints have the same effective formula, and similar colors, but depending on the EPA number, will use different thinners and solvents. Look on the can label to find the EPA number, then refer to the Technical Data Sheet below that matches the number on your can. The specifications below are for cans with EPA number 60061-134-89049. If the EPA number on your can is 9339-89049, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet for that number. For best results, please follow all instructions on the paint can label, and refer to the technical data sheet that corresponds to the EPA Number on the label.
Specifications for Colors with EPA Number 60061-134-89049 on the label:
- Application: Brush or roll (3/16″ nap roller cover recommended)
- Thinning (brush/roller application): TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100
- Thinning (spray application): Xylene (Xylol)
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100 or TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Dry to overcoat: 1-4 hours
- Dry to launch: 2-8 hours (there is no maximum dry time before launching)
- Number of coats: 1-2
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Primer: TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat Primer (fiberglass, metals). For aluminum, use TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Barrier Coat.
Krypton Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 60061-134-89049 on the label
TotalBoat Krypton Technical Data for Cans with EPA No. 60061-134-89049
Krypton Blue SDS EPA No. 60061-134-89049
Krypton Green SDS EPA No. 60061-134-89049
Krypton Red SDS EPA No. 60061-134-89049
Krypton Black SDS EPA No. 60061-134-89049
Krypton White SDS EPA No. 60061-134-89049
Krypton Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 9339-33-89049 on the label
TotalBoat Krypton Technical Data for Cans with EPA No. 9339-33-89049
Krypton Bright White SDS EPA No. 9339-33-89049
Krypton Teal SDS EPA No. 9339-33-89049
Krypton Red SDS EPA No. 9339-33-89049
Krypton Navy Blue SDS EPA No. 9339-33-89049
Krypton Bright Blue SDS EPA No. 9339-33-89049
Krypton Black SDS EPA No. 9339-33-89049