Jess Crow’s epoxy work is a stunning mix of her artistic capabilities, woodworking skills, and her incredibly creative use of epoxy. She’s mastered a water-simulating technique that creates the look of ocean waves splashing on top of her pieces. Jess’s innovative ocean wave resin technique is currently in the resin art spotlight, and she is continuously pioneering new processes involving epoxy and functional art.
"I often get asked “How do you do that?” and told “I’m not at your level, and won’t ever be.” Ah, my friends…that is not correct. I am learning every single day. I draw. I chip away at wood with crazy ideas. I save every single scrap and utilize it – feel it, cut it up, burn it, and mostly ‘waste it’. Yes, WASTE. I am not afraid to have a project not work out, because honestly it never doesn’t work out: I learn from every single one and therefore nothing is wasted."
As a maker extraordinaire, Jess excels at thinking outside the box (what box?) and enjoys bringing her ideas to the forefront of the woodworking and art communities, with a strong emphasis on sharing and teaching. Jess’s work is a testament to the performance and ease of use of our TotalBoat epoxy line. Her work makes our epoxy even better and we are so excited to partner with her to create MakerPoxy Crystal Clear Artist’s Resin by Jess Crow.
MakerPoxy is made for makers! It’s a high-gloss, ultra clear, scratch-resistant epoxy system ideal for clear coating, shallow pours, embedding, and most art projects. This versatile, UV-resistant, non-yellowing epoxy coating can be used for a wide variety of creations, including wall art, dining tables, coffee tables, bedside tables, headboards, bar tops, and counter tops.
- Glass-like, crystal clear, scratch-resistant finish
- Can be tinted with concentrated liquid pigments, opaque pigments, alcohol inks, and mica powder pigments
- Simple 1:1 mix ratio
- Extended working time is ideal for larger pours – up to 60 minutes at 77°F
- UV-resistant formula protects against yellowing and fading
- Low-VOC, low-odor formula is great for indoor use
- Made in the USA
How to Use MakerPoxy Crystal Clear Artist’s Resin by Jess Crow
What You’ll Need:
- TotalBoat MakerPoxy Epoxy Resin and MakerPoxy Hardener by Jess Crow
- Protective gloves
- Eye protection
- Clothing protection
- Clean, dry, plastic mixing pots
- Wooden mixing sticks
- Poly sheeting to protect floor and collect any spillage
- Plastic resin spreader and/or brush to spread liquid epoxy
- Hair dryer or heat gun for removing air bubbles
STEP 1 – PREP
STEP 2 – MEASURE
STEP 3 – MIX
STEP 4 – ADD PIGMENTS
STEP 5 – POUR
STEP 6 – POP BUBBLES
- 100% solids, high-build, high-gloss, pourable epoxy
- Apply to properly prepared wood, metal, stone, ceramic, and concrete surfaces
- Simple 1 to 1 mix ratio
- Self-levels as it cures
- Sizes: Available in a Quart Kit (1-Pint MakerPoxy Epoxy Resin Part A, and 1-Pint MakerPoxy Epoxy Hardener Part B) and a Gallon Kit (½-Gallon MakerPoxy Epoxy Resin Part A, and ½-Gallon MakerPoxy Epoxy Hardener Part B)
- BONUS! Each order includes: (10) stir sticks, (10) 50mL disposable plastic beakers, (5) 8 oz. plastic mixing cups, and (5) pairs of latex gloves
- Application temperature: Apply only in temperatures between 70-80°F. Warm conditions are critical for success.
- Mix ratio by volume: 1 part resin to 1 part hardener
- Seal coat application: Brush
- Flood coat application(s): Pour on and spread with an epoxy spreader. Flood coats should be no thicker than 1/8″-1/4″ each.
- Working time: 60 minutes @ 77°F
- Tack-free time: 4-6 hours @ 77°F
- Time to sand (optional): 8-10 hours @ 77°F
- Fully cured: 5-7 days
- Product Color: MakerPoxy Epoxy Resin (clear), MakerPoxy Hardener (clear)
- Cured Color: Clear
- Coverage for 1-Gallon Kit of mixed MakerPoxy: Roughly 12 sq. ft. @ 1/8″, 6 sq. ft. @ 1/4″
- UV-resistant formula is not intended for outdoor applications with prolonged exposure to sunlight. For superior UV protection, durability, and clarity, overcoat cured MakerPoxy with TotalBoat Halcyon Clear Rugged Gloss Varnish.
- Do not place items hotter than 110°F on the cured surface, or it will become distorted and discolor.
TotalBoat MakerPoxy by Jess Crow Technical Data & Instructions
MakerPoxy Epoxy Resin Part A SDS
MakerPoxy Epoxy Hardener Part B SDS