- Water-based bottom paint features 27% copper for full season protection against barnacles and slime
- Use on fiberglass and wooden boats in saltwater and fresh water, primed steel, and most previously painted surfaces
- Compatible with existing ablative and hard bottom paints in good condition
- Water activated formula: Deactivates on dry land and reactivates when launched
- Allows launching up to 18 months after painting
- Paint film is hard enough to be burnished smooth for better fuel economy and speed performance
- Colors: Choose from Black, Blue, Green, Red, Shark White, and Teal
- Size: Available in Quarts and Gallons
- Gallon Bonus: Each Gallon order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, 1 pair of latex gloves, an abrasive pad, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks.
- Quart Bonus: Each Quart order includes 1 pair of latex gloves, an abrasive pad, & a 10″ wooden stir stick.
Excellent single-season antifouling protection
JD Select’s water-based formula is more environmentally friendly than conventional solvent-based bottom paints. But this doesn’t compromise its effectiveness, as its medium copper load keeps barnacles, slime, and weeds at bay in low to moderate fouling waters—often with just a single coat.
Great results with a roller and brush
Do-it-yourselfers can get a smooth, uniform finish using a 3/8″ nap roller and a foam brush for cutting in. Because JD Select is water based, you can use water if the paint needs a little thinning; use soap and water to clean up.
Dries quickly. Paint and launch the same weekend
Depending on the temperature, JD Select can dry in as little as one hour. For best results, allow paint to cure overnight before launching.
- Cuprous oxide content: 26.37%
- Application: Brush, roll (3/8″ nap roller cover recommended), or spray
- Spraying note: Spraying is not ideal, but can be accomplished by thinning JD Select a maximum of 5% with water, and by using a wide nozzle tip
- Thinning: Water
- Cleanup: Soap and water
- Number of coats: 1-2
- Dry to overcoat: 1-4 hours
- Dry to launch: 12-24 hours
- One gallon covers approximately 400 ft2
- Primer (bare fiberglass or steel): TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat Primer
- Not for use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat Krypton copper-free bottom paint, TotalBoat AlumiPaint AF, and TotalBoat Outdrive AF.
TotalBoat Antifouling Paint Compatibility Chart
JD Select Ablative Antifouling Technical Data
JD Select Black 1010 SDS
JD Select Blue 1030 SDS
JD Select Green 1050 SDS
JD Select Red 1020 SDS
JD Select Shark White 1040 SDS
JD Select Teal 1060 SDS