- Water-based bottom paint features 25% copper for full season protection against barnacles and slime.
- Use on fiberglass and wooden boats in saltwater and fresh water, primed steel, and most previously painted surfaces.
- Compatible with existing ablative and hard bottom paints in good condition.
- Paint film is hard enough to be burnished smooth for better fuel economy and speed performance
- Colors: Choose from Black, Blue, Green, and Red
- Size: Available in Quarts and Gallons
- Gallon Bonus: Each Gallon order includes a free roller & metal tray kit, paint suit, an abrasive pad, 1 roll of painter’s masking tape, and two 10″ wooden stir sticks
- Quart Bonus: Each Quart order includes an abrasive pad & 2 10″ wooden stir sticks
Excellent single-season antifouling protection
JD Select’s water-based formula is more environmentally friendly than conventional solvent-based bottom paints. But this doesn’t compromise its effectiveness, as its medium copper load keeps barnacles, slime, and weeds at bay in low to moderate fouling waters—often with just a single coat.
Great results with a roller and brush
Do-it-yourselfers can get a smooth, uniform finish using a 3/16″ nap roller and a foam brush for cutting in. Because JD Select is water based, you can use water if the paint needs a little thinning; use soap and water to clean up.
Dries quickly. Paint and launch the same weekend
Depending on the temperature, JD Select can dry in less than two hours. For best results, allow paint to cure overnight before launching.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR JD SELECT
The TotalBoat JD Select paint you receive will have one of two EPA numbers. All JD Select paints have the same effective formula, and similar colors, but depending on the EPA number, will use different thinners and solvents. Look on the can label to find the EPA number, then refer to the Technical Data Sheet below that matches the number on your can. The specifications below are for cans with EPA number 60061-142-89049. If the EPA number on your can is 9339-19-89049, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet for that number. For best results, please follow all instructions on the paint can label, and refer to the technical data sheet that corresponds to the EPA Number on the label.
Specifications for Cans with EPA Number 60061-142-89049 on the label:
- Cuprous oxide content: 25%
- Application: Brush, roll (3/16″ nap roller cover recommended), or spray (airless or conventional)
- Thinning: Water
- Surface prep solvents: TotalBoat Special Brushing Thinner 100, TotalBoat Dewaxer & Surface Prep
- Cleanup: Water
- Number of coats: 1-2
- Dry time to overcoat: 1.5 hours @ 90°F, 3 hours @ 70°F, 6 hours @ 50°F
- Dry time to launch: 6 hours @ 90°F, 10 hours @ 70°F, 16 hours @ 50°F
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Primer (bare fiberglass or steel): TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat Primer
- Not for use on aluminum hulls. For aluminum and underwater metals, see TotalBoat Krypton copper-free bottom paint, TotalBoat AlumiPaint AF, and TotalBoat Outdrive AF.
JD Select Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 60061-142-89049 on the label
TotalBoat JD Select Technical Data Sheet for Cans with EPA No. 60061-142-89049
JD Select Black SDS for EPA No. 60061-142-89049
JD Select Blue SDS for EPA No. 60061-142-89049
JD Select Red SDS for EPA No. 60061-142-89049
JD Select Green SDS for EPA No. 60061-142-89049
JD Select Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets for Cans with EPA Number 9339-19-89049 on the label
JD Select Technical Data for Cans with EPA No. 9339-19-89049
JD Select Black SDS EPA No. 9339-19-89049
JD Select Blue SDS EPA No. 9339-19-89049
JD Select Green SDS EPA No. 9339-19-89049
JD Select Red SDS EPA No. 9339-19-89049