- Medium copper load ensures effective antifouling protection for PVC, Hypalon, and rubber inflatable boats
- Durable, flexible coating won’t crack or flake off when boats are deflated and rolled up
- EPA approved water-based formula is environmentally friendly, easy to apply, and easy to clean up
- No immediate launch time restrictions. Paint now and launch later.
- Color: Gray
- Finish: Flat
- Size: Quart
- Each order includes 2 stir sticks and 2 quart-size paint pots
Effective, eco-friendly and user-friendly
Our Inflatable Boat Paint contains as much copper as some of the most popular bottom paints on the market, never mind the few other inflatable coatings available. This helps repel an impressive array of underwater cling-ons, including barnacles and soft marine growth. It’s water-based, easy to use, coats evenly, dries fast, and cleans up easily with water. And when it’s dry, it won’t rub off on you, your deck, or your hull unless you drag the boat around. It’s better for you, your boat, and the environment.
Won’t crack, flake, or peel
The cured coating is strong and flexible enough to stay smooth all season long. Even when it’s time to deflate and roll it up, or if the tubes of your RIB soften during storage, there’s no cracking, flaking, or peeling.
Coating wears away gradually, protecting as it goes
Ablative formula provides constant protection, no matter how many times you put in and haul out your inflatable during the season. No matter if it’s moving or tied up just floating around. The ablative coating wears off continuously to reveal a whole new layer of scum and barnacle-killing biocide. And because the paint wears away, there’s nothing to scrape off next time you need to paint—just do a little light prep and scuffing, then recoat.
- Cuprous oxide: 25.25%
- Application method: Brush, roller (3/16″ nap or foam solvent-safe roller cover), or spray (airless or conventional)
- Surface prep solvent – rubberized materials: TotalBoat Epoxy Primer Thinner 200
- Surface prep solvent – fiberglass, wood, metals (not aluminum): http://www.totalboat.com/product/dewaxer-surface-prep/
- Primer – fiberglass & metals (not aluminum): TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat Primer/li>
- Thinning: Water, up to 10%
- Number of coats: 1-2
- Dry time to overcoat: 1.5 hrs @ 90°F; 3 hrs @ 70°F; 6 hrs @ 50°F
- Dry time to launch: 6 hrs @ 90°F; 10 hrs @ 70°F; 16 hrs @ 50°F
- Cleanup: Water
- Solids: 40% by weight; 60% by volume
- VOC content: 145 g/L
- Coverage: 125 sq. ft. per quart. One quart is enough for two coats on an 8-10 ft. inflatable boat