- Fast-drying, high-build formula builds coats faster, so you apply fewer coats and finish sooner
- No sanding needed between coats
- Self-leveling properties make it easy to apply evenly for a consistent, mirror-like finish every time
- High solids content produces a hard finish with superior resistance to UV light, chemicals, and abrasion
- Abrasion-resistant surface can be buffed to a higher gloss without scratching
- For interior and exterior use on all wood substrates above the waterline only
- Finish: High-Gloss or Satin
- Size: Available in a Quart Kit (1 quart Envy Varnish base and 1 pint Envy Brushing Activator)
- Each kit includes: Two 10″ wooden stir sticks, two quart-size plastic paint pots, two 2″ foam brushes, and a pair of large latex gloves
For brightwork that’s more bright and less work
It’s hard to imagine stunning, sparkling-in-the-sun varnished brightwork without an automatic vision of yourself slogging through a month-long marathon of surface preparation, careful application, waiting for the tack-free stage, sanding between coats of varnish, wiping, and recoating. Especially the parts about waiting to recoat and sanding between coats to knock down the highs and make the surface toothy enough for the next coat. Makes your sanding arm sore just thinking about it.
Get more shine in less time with TotalBoat Envy two-part varnish, and wait longer before you have to varnish again. It seals the grain on all types of wood—even hardwoods—and dries fast. So fast you can overcoat after just 45 minutes at 72°F. And with its unique, high-build formula you apply fewer total coats: 4-6, instead of 8-12 (or more), and you don’t need to sand between coats. Envy flows out easily and self levels so there are no highs to knock down or lows to fill in.
Best of all, Envy cures ultra-clear to highlight the natural beauty of the wood, and its high solids content creates a rock-hard, durable finish that resists chemicals, abrasion, UV light, and weather better than any 1-part varnish. Which also makes it last longer—up to five times longer. And because it lasts longer, you can go longer without doing maintenance coats.
Envy will make you the envy of your neighbors—whether they’re next door at the marina or at home. Envy looks great on exterior wood and trim no matter where the wood is. Your neighbors will be green with Envy envy, and you’ll be seeing more green yourself because Envy is less expensive than other two-part marine varnish systems.
- Finish: Clear, Ultra-High Gloss or Clear Satin
- Distinctness of image (DOI): High Gloss >92% @ 60°; 20-40% @ 60°
- Components: Two
- Mix ratio: 2 parts varnish base to 1 part activator
- Application: Brush, roll & tip, or spray
- Application temperature: 45-125°F; relative humidity (RH) 0-90%
- Thinning: TotalBoat Envy Brushing Reducer
- Cleanup: TotalBoat Envy Brushing Reducer
- Pot life: 4 hours @ 72°F
- Tack-free time to recoat: 45 minutes @ 72°F; 50% RH
- Overcoat without sanding: Up to 12 hrs @ 77°F