- Extremely smooth, hard, and durable water-based enamel paint creates a beautiful semi-gloss finish
- Use on interior surfaces and exterior surfaces above the waterline
- Exceptional resistance to abrasion, solvents, scratching, staining, and mildewing
- UV-stable, with excellent color and finish retention
- Cured finish is washable and repairable
- Great for cabin tops, cabin sides, wheelhouses, coamings, decks, hull sides, boottops, cabin ceilings, doors, walls, trim, drawers, lazarettes, lockers, heads, bulkheads, and galleys.
- Easy to apply by brushing, rolling & tipping, or spraying
- Forgiving, self-leveling formula minimizes brush marks
- Very fast drying time allows 1 hour recoat at 72°F, and faster return to service
- Apply up to 5 coats in one day
- Self-priming paint adheres directly to properly prepared metals, fiberglass, wood, and previously painted surfaces in good condition
- Size: Quart
- Colors: White, Oyster White, Flag Blue, Classic Whaler Blue, Sea Green, Sea Foam, Fire Red (Fire Red Available October 2018)
- Each order includes two 10″ wooden stir sticks, and two plastic mixing pots
Long life for new topside surfaces, new life for old ones
Tired of looking at tired-looking topsides whose old gelcoat or worn paint can’t be revived? Have new surfaces that need a beautiful, long-lasting, semi-gloss finish? TotalBoat Elixir transforms bare or blah into beautiful quickly and easily with its high-performance, low-odor, water-based, self-priming enamel formula that can be applied directly to properly prepared metal, fiberglass, and wood surfaces—no priming necessary. It can also be applied over previously painted surfaces in good condition—whether oil or water based, unlike other marine water-based topside paints.
Fast 1-hour recoat time, and no harsh fumes
Elixir performs like an oil-based alkyd marine paint in that it’s tough enough to prevent damage from abrasion, scratching, staining, and solvent spills, it’s UV stable to prevent fading, cracking, lifting, and peeling, and it’s mildew resistant. But that’s where the similarities end. The downside of oil-based paints is their toxic fumes, long drying times, and messy cleanup. Elixir’s water-based, environmentally friendly formula has almost no odor, it dries so fast you can recoat in just 1 hour @ 72°F (and apply up to 5 coats in just 1 day!), and it’s very easy to clean up with just a little soap and warm water. Another plus for Elixir is that its attractive semi-gloss finish and depth of color improve the more coats you apply. It also comes in a unique Pour Pak™ bag that allows mess-free pouring and easy storage of any unused paint.
Hard to scratch, easy to repair
Elixir is smooth, hard, and durable, but scuffs happen, and damage can easily be repaired, unlike other marine enamels. With just a little prep work, light sanding, and a little bit of Elixir, it’s easy to make any surface damage disappear. Which is good news, because boats see a lot of weather and wear & tear, making Elixir ideal for cabintops, cabinsides, wheelhouses, decks, boottops, hullsides, coamings, cabin ceilings, headliners, heads, bulkheads, berths, galleys, lazarettes, lockers, doors, trim, cabinetry, and drawers.
Semi-gloss finish hides flaws and reduces glare in exterior applications
Elixir’s semi-gloss finish has a warm, satiny glow that’s low glare and easy on the eyes on sunny days. It also hides surface imperfections better than high-gloss marine paints. The cured surface is also washable, so any dirt or spills can be wiped away easily, making it look like as beautiful as it did when you first painted it.
- Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Gloss: 40-50% @ 60°
- Substrates: Properly prepared fiberglass, wood, metals, and previously painted surfaces (oil-based or solvent-based) in good condition
- Application temperature: 50-90°F; RH 0-90%
- Application methods: Brush, roll and tip, or spray. For brushing, use a tapered polyester brush; for rolling, use a high-density foam roller cover.
- Primer: No primer needed
- Thinning: Water, if needed, up to 20%
- Cleanup: Soap and water
- Number of coats: 2-3, minimum
- Film thickness per coat: 3-5 mils wet
- Coverage: 80-100 sq. ft. per quart (3 mils wet film thickness)
- Wet edge working time: 60-90 seconds @ 72°F
- Tack-free time to recoat: 1 hr @ 72°F
- Overcoat without sanding: Up to 12 hours
TotalBoat Elixir receives the 2019 Newport International Boat Show Award for Best Green Product
As one of the biggest in-water boat shows in the US, the annual Newport International Boat Show is a very big deal, hosting almost 600 exhibitors from around the world with an exceptional assortment of boats of all types from 15-90 feet, and featuring a huge variety of boating equipment, accessories, gear, and services. At this year’s 49th annual show, TotalBoat Elixir was voted best in its class at the 14th annual Newport For New Products (NFNP) awards, winning the Best Green Product award. Winners are selected by a team of industry experts and awards are based on innovation, value to the consumer, safety, and aesthetics.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals including n-methylpyrrolidone, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm, and titanium dioxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
TotalBoat Elixir Enamel Topside Paint Technical Data
Elixir Enamel Paint Series SDS