- Cures to an exceptionally clear finish when mixed with TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin; won’t blush or become cloudy
- Does not require messy wash-downs between coats
- Perfect for clear coating and fiberglass layups where a moisture-resistant, bright finish or natural wood finish is imperative
- Also ideal for showcasing the eye-catching weave of carbon fiber fabrics
- Viscosity is preferred for its ease in wetting out fiberglass, carbon fiber, and other reinforcement fabrics
- Thin film application self-levels for a smooth surface that requires less sanding for coating and laminating jobs
- In combination with TotalBoat Traditional Epoxy Resin and various thickening agents, makes a strong filleting or fairing compound, or structural adhesive
- Provides good moisture resistance for barrier coating and bonding applications
- UV inhibitors help boost the protection provided by the required high-quality, UV-filtering varnish or clear coat applied over it
- Compatible with varnishes and paints
- Low-odor formula with very low volatile organic compound (VOC) levels
- Easy to measure and mix using the included pre-calibrated pump, or, if preferred, by weight or volume
- Sizes: Size A 10 fl. oz., Size B 42.3 fl. oz.
- Note: Hardener sizes correspond to group sizes of TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin. The hardener container does not come filled to the top. It contains the calibrated amount of product to work in conjunction with the same size resin container.
- Each hardener order includes one 3:1 hardener pump calibrated to the proper ratio of one pump of TotalBoat traditional epoxy resin to one pump of Crystal Clear Hardener, pump instructions, 1 pair of large latex gloves, and mixing sticks.
- Safety information: Work in a well-ventilated area and wear protective eyewear, protective clothing, and suitable gloves
The clearest solution for clear coating applications
After investing money and countless hours building a wooden shell from scratch, you want to choose the best marine epoxy resin and hardener combination for a bright finish or clear coating. Same goes if you’re taking a previous mistake down to bare wood and starting over. Or maybe you want to show off carbon fiber’s cool black-on-black texture.
Pair TotalBoat Crystal Clear Hardener with our Traditional (5:1) Epoxy Resin to wet out fiberglass or carbon fiber for layups. It cures to an ultra clear, hard, moisture-resistant finish. Use it to seal wood and create a moisture barrier that prevents stretching and shrinking so varnish topcoats adhere better and last longer. Professional boat builders and painters use such clear resin systems to build thickness faster, so fewer finishing coats of varnish are needed. Get the same clarity as using multiple coats of varnish, with greater protection and finish longevity than using varnish alone.
- Mix ratio by volume: 3A to 1B (3 parts TotalBoat Traditional 5:1 Epoxy Resin to 1 part TotalBoat Crystal Clear Hardener)
- Mix ratio by weight: 100A (Resin) to 27B (Crystal Clear Hardener)
- Application temperature: At or above 60°F
- Minimum recommended temperature: 60°F
- Pot life @ 75°F: 20 minutes
- Set time @ 75°F (thin film): 10-15 hours
- Cure time @ 75°F (thin film): 3-5 days
- Color: Clear
- Important note: When using the pumps to measure resin and hardener, ONE PUMP of TotalBoat Epoxy Resin is calibrated to mix with ONE PUMP of TotalBoat Crystal Clear Hardener. Prime this pump by pumping until a steady flow of hardener comes out. DO NOT USE THIS PUMP WITH ANY OTHER HARDENERS. If needed, a replacement 3:1 Hardener Pump is available.
Important Safety Information
Always wear protective clothing and equipment to protect your eyes, skin, and lungs when working with TotalBoat Traditional Epoxy Resin and Hardeners. Personal protective clothing should include appropriate gloves, safety glasses or goggles, a proper respirator, and a proper apron or similar protective clothing.