Popular, proven, and personally recommended polishing systems
We created TotalBoat Boat Polishing Kits to answer the eternal question “What should I use to buff and polish my boat?” We have tested every compound, polish, finishing material, and wax on the market. We’ve tried them on boats from showroom new to hopelessly neglected. We know what works, and what doesn’t. Whether you are attempting this for the first time as a DIY boat owner, or you detail boats for a living, you will find our polishing kits provide superb results while saving time and money.
Compounding, finishing, and waxing your hull with everything in the Professional kit produces high-gloss, lasting results that look like you had it done by boatyard professionals. The Basic kit restores hull color and removes the oxidation that dulls and fades finishes. Both include our premium wax to ensure lasting shine. Both kits include a powerful, variable speed polisher, polishing pad, adapter, and cleaning cloth. The Professional kit adds our high-gloss finishing compound, plus protective gloves and eyewear.
Both complete polishing systems are a great value
Purchased separately, the items in either of these kits would easily add up to more than $270.
Basic and Professional Boat Polishing Kits include:
- 1 bottle of TotalBoat TotalBuff Rubbing Compound, 32 fl. oz.
- 1 can of TotalBoat Premium Boat Wax, 11 oz.
- 1 Buffalo Corp. Variable Speed Angle Polisher/Sander (BUF-PS07401)
- 1 3M™ Superbuff™ Double-Sided Polishing Pad (3M-05705)
- 1 3M™ Superbuff™ Mandrel Adapter (3M-05710)
- 1 High-Performance Cleaning Cloth
Professional Boat Polishing Kit also includes:
- 1 bottle of TotalBoat TotalShine Finishing Compound, 16 fl. oz.
- 1 pair of BOSS Atlas Fit® Latex Palm Gloves (BOS-8420)
- 1 TotalBoat Disposable Particulate Respirator with Valve
- 1 3M™ Virtua™ V4 Protective Eyewear (3M-62038)
TotalBoat TotalBuff Rubbing Compound
- Greatly improves the look of heavily oxidized gelcoat, restoring original hull color
- Easy to apply by hand, then buff using a variable speed buffer and a high-quality wool compounding pad
- Can be used on gelcoat and previously painted surfaces
TotalBoat TotalShine Finishing Compound
- Restores the original gelcoat color and leaves the surface polished to a high shine
- Easy to apply to the surface by hand, then use a variable speed buffer/polisher and a high-quality wool compounding pad
- Excellent as a pre-wax application
- Economical because a little goes a long way
TotalBoat Premium Boat Wax
- Non-abrasive formula is easy to apply and remove by hand
- Dries quickly to a hard, protective wax finish
- Effectively repels salt and dirt, and protects from oxidation and UV radiation
Variable Speed Angle Polisher/Sander
- General purpose polisher or light-duty sander
- Maintains a constant speed under load for dependable results
Double-Sided Polishing Pad
- Use one side to buff, the other side to polish
- Extremely fine wool-acrylic blend fibers product a high gloss on paint and gelcoat surfaces
- Use to fit double-sided buffing pads onto any standard 5/8 shaft, low-speed polisher
Latex Palm Gloves
- Heavyweight polyester-cotton shell with knit wrist and grippy, blue latex palms
TotalBoat Disposable Particulate Respirator with Valve
- NIOSH-approved dust mask filters roughly 95% of non-oil-based particles
- Use when sanding, sawing, grinding, buffing, polishing, and installing insulation
- Product meets the High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2003
- Lightweight, adjustable, and comfortable