- In cooler temperatures (minimum 45°F), the 5:1 Epoxy Resin/Fast Hardener mixture remains workable to give you adequate time for application, and it speeds up cure time
- Cures to a moisture-resistant, high-strength, light amber finish when mixed with TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin
- Viscosity is preferred for ease in wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound, or adhesive when combined with 5:1 Epoxy Resin and various thickening agents
- Excellent thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating
- Easy to measure and mix using pre-calibrated 5:1 Epoxy Pumps (sold separately), or, if preferred, by weight or volume
- Compatibility: TotalBoat 5:1 hardeners can be used interchangeably with other traditional 5:1 marine epoxy systems
- Mix ratio by volume: 5 parts epoxy resin to 1 part hardener
- Sizes: Size A 6 fl. oz., Size B 25 fl. oz., and Size C 127 fl. oz.
- Note: Hardener sizes correspond to group sizes of TotalBoat 5:1 Epoxy Resin (sold separately)
The cure for cooler temperatures
TotalBoat 5:1 Fast Hardener is ideal if you’re in a hurry and want to get things done a little faster, especially in cooler temperatures, which lengthen the cure time of epoxy resins. It’s easy to measure the right mix, especially with the pre-calibrated 5:1 Epoxy Pumps (sold separately). Combine Fast Hardener with 5:1 Epoxy Resin in a five-part resin to one-part hardener ratio. Then spend about two minutes mixing thoroughly so all those resin and hardener molecules combine like they’re supposed to. The epoxy resin/hardener mixture can be used for wetting out fiberglass and other fabrics, coating, and bonding. The cured result is super strong and moisture resistant.
Note: Our 5:1 Epoxy Pumps are intended for use only with TotalBoat epoxy containers, and they don’t fit other traditional marine 5:1 epoxy containers. If using another brand of 5:1 marine resins with TotalBoat 5:1 hardeners, or TotalBoat 5:1 epoxy resin with other traditional 5:1 hardeners, measure the resin and hardener components by volume OR use only one brand of containers with their matched pumps.
- Application temperature (5:1 Resin and Fast Hardener): ~ 50-85°F
- Minimum recommended temperature: 40°F
- Recommended temperature for dispensing via pump: 60-70°F
- Pot life @ 75°F: 12 minutes
- Set time @ 75°F (thin film): 6 hours
- Cure time @ 75°F (thin film): 1 to 4 days
- Color: 5:1 Epoxy Resin (clear), Fast Hardener (amber); cures to a light amber color
- Note: Not intended for clear coating applications. For clear coating applications, use TotalBoat Crystal Clear Hardener.